Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dawn Swansbrough and I'm a new follower of this forum even though I apparently signed up years ago! My husband Steve and I run a home haunt that keeps growing in size (sound familiar?!).

Our haunt has now grown to include a full cemetery that you walk through complete with a handmade, horse-drawn hearse, mausoleum and crypt along with pneumatic props & live actors throughout. From the cemetery, you travel through a 25 foot version of the Black Pearl that appears to have crashed into our garage; inside you see a treasure scene, pirate band & several pneumatic popups. After exiting the Pearl, you walk through the 45 foot long Flying Dutchman, where you'll find an underwater effects room with glowing sea creatures, 2 drop panel props with Maccus & Davy Jones, a pirate dice game scene & a jail scene. Both ships have upper decks for us to greet our visitors, lighted cannons, masts & sails.

For the past 3 years, we have been using our haunt as a fundraiser for our local elementary school's art & music fund. It's always free to enter, but we have a treasure chest at the end for voluntary donations.

I'm having a great time trolling this forum for inspiration! I am truly impressed by the awesome work everyone is doing!

Visit our site, if you would like to photos - most of the photos have been taken by our visitors because we forget to take more ourselves! Yo Ho!
www.swansbroughmanor.com

·
Smile If You Have Secrets
12,752 Posts
Glad to have you join us! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts