Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I made some "stone" fence sections. This started with some of those cheap landscaping borders that I'd picked up on clearance and as I looked at them I thought to myself "hmmm...that's just not enough." So the "stone" fence pieces were created to go under the plastic border fence. I left the little connector ends in place on the plastic fence and this year made some additional fence pieces that will attach to the stone pieces. This did two things. It extended the fence I had and also made the appearance more unform I think. The pvc and 1 x2 sections were my variation of many of the excellent fence projects I've seen here on the forum. BTW, this was an excellent project to get the kids involved in.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I really like your adaptation of the fence. Great use of the border fencing.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Yeah kids are great when you need to bust one of these out assembly line fashion. I had my 15 year old doing the rough cuts and some rips, while I did fastening and worked the details behind him. :)

Nice fence you have there. How long does it go?

·
Registered
375 Posts
that looks really awesome, I have that little fencing, it is 100 times better the way you've modified it.

I find that if I don't fence off my stuff, people will let their kids tromp through my graveyard so they can take pictures. I hate to be a grouch, but I usually have one airblown thing and there are electric wires they can't see and they wind up falling all over everything.

Last year I put white plastic chain attached to conduit around the sections where the fence ran out. Anyone else have this challenge?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! That's exactly why I put a priority on getting a fence built. Last year it was only a partial fence and one morning shortly after I set a mom and her tot's stopped by to look. First thing the kids did was take off running through the grave stones and one little guy tripped on a cord and kicked a big gash in one of my brand new gravestones. I couldn't do anything about more fence last year so I ran that "caution" tape about knee high all around the sections of yard I didn't want people to walk in. It did the trick. I didn't have any problems after that. Now this year though I'll have a better fence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts