Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

In case you haven't grown bored of projected images, I thought I would share our 2015 attempt. We set a table at the end of our driveway with candelabras on either side (you can see them about half way through the video). This way my short throw projector could focus directly on the house without fear of anyone breaking the projected images etc.

Hope you enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJbk3e6_6gE

ONCE AGAIN! Props to ICEPICK for his tutorials and willingness to lend a guiding hand.

Hopefully I have found a way to utilize the technology in a way that allows me to put a spin on my yard haunt that makes it interesting to the average home haunter.

Specs for projection heads:
Projector 1 : BenQ MW817ST projector .. 3000 lumen This handled the house and garage doors..Looking to upgrade since this is a 1280x800 . I would love to get a 1920x1080 because it would greatly reduce the pixel size since there would be over twice as many in the same area.

Projector 2: Up in room above garage..BenQ MX813ST This handled the upstairs window. Projected onto white shower curtain

Projector 3: for the pumpkins. Benq ms504

All three bought from eBay..

·
Registered
606 Posts
WHOA!!!
Picture me jumping up and down and then stopping to point and yell, 'OH! LOOK AT THAT! AND LOOK AT THAT!!!! OH!'

Projection mapping is a game changer, that's for sure! I'd love to fell confident trying it.

Love the gates, gargoyles, and spooky feel. AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
This stuff is something I would love to learn. Have you guys seen this. Just found this persons mapping. Wow. Very inspirational.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i3s0mPj7qDE
Another nicely done projection. would like to know what projector they are using. Their 2015 version is also very good, but appears to be raw footage to be projected, and not a "live" showing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Everyone! People in the neighborhood liked it, but compliments from my fellow Halloween peers resonate more with me . You guys truly are some of the most creative, and it is great to get such positive feedback. I have been in awe of many on this site for a few years and look forward to what everyone will come up with next.

Thanks for the link Danski, I wasn't aware of his stuff, I like it. It is great to see all of the different ways people are using projectors. The good news is that while everyone has similar elements (i.e. the new Atmosfear fx dads) they seem to use them differently.

I can't draw to save my skin.. I am horrible at building props.. my arts and craft skills and rudimentary compared to others on this site..but with software, I can cut and paste and truly express what is in my head but gets lost in translation with my hands during a prop build.. It allows us "artistically challenged" to also have a creative outlet as well.

Icepick thanks as always. Looks like he mentioned a BenQ W710ST. He must have added some post capture editing because It looks extremely clear for a 720p 2600 lumen projector. Maybe a really dark street as well?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Billappleton,
I am not familiar with it. Thanks I will have to check it out.. I am using Photoshop elements for the template and Serif Movie Maker software to put the animations and clips in with..This may help with the template build piece when i get a new projector.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spiney99, this is not just an attempt, your nailing it. I had more fun this year doing mine. I dropped the "music video format", but did keep two versions. They were liked by to many to totally drop.
Have to play to the audience!

Funny, I had the pumpkins off to the right of the ToT table.. right side yard looking at the house.. THEY WERE THE STARS OF THE NIGHT!!

Your stuff is always great to watch. I started looking at your Christmas stuff and may try again for Dec.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Have to play to the audience!

Funny, I had the pumpkins off to the right of the ToT table.. right side yard looking at the house.. THEY WERE THE STARS OF THE NIGHT!!

Your stuff is always great to watch. I started looking at your Christmas stuff and may try again for Dec.
Definitely keep me posted on your Christmas stuff somehow. I actually stopped my christmas shows this year. To much effort for a small turnout. We used to have a local guy doing a large lightorama display, that had to relocate. We switched over to musical lights. This year I'm using my boobox flex. I will upgrade to a lightorama or something equivalent for next year.

I know it isn't Halloween related, but so far this guy is stealing my show (literally) for Christmas.
Light Lighting Christmas lights Interior design Christmas

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
WHOA!!!
Picture me jumping up and down and then stopping to point and yell, 'OH! LOOK AT THAT! AND LOOK AT THAT!!!! OH!'

Projection mapping is a game changer, that's for sure! I'd love to fell confident trying it.

Love the gates, gargoyles, and spooky feel. AMAZING!!!!

^Right.... That's what I said!!!!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Really well done! I want to do this next year (really wanted to do it THIS year) but need to build my projector platform first. I'd like to hide it into a graveyard column to secure and waterproof it. I believe the key is to get the projector into the EXACT same spot as you had it when you created the template to start.

Looking forward to more on this!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts