Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those curtains are simply genius. I love them. I can tell now what you meant with this video.
thanks matrixmom!

the shower curtain thingy was one of those fortunate accidents ... i had way too many and didn't know how to display them ... i could have made a wall of them along the back of the graveyards, but that didn't appeal to me ... so for some reason i thought of a wind mobile ... the shower curtains look "alive" when the wind is gently blowing, giving them some motion ... that looks pretty freaky in person :) ... anyways, that's how i came up with the idea of making the shower curtain cube ... its a shame that the videos don't do them, or really anything else, justice ... they look way better in person ... also, if i edited the videos, they'd be more interesting/not so boring ... but since it's already way past halloween, i thought i'd post them as is, warts & all, rather than not post or post them in april ... :)

amk

·
>^..^<
793 Posts
Laser vortex is *very* portal to another world! And I like the clawing green hands on the tombstone around 2:13 or so.

I think your idea for the moving images is genius. The faces are amazingly 3-D looking - they really pop. If the haunt looks even better in person then it must really blow people away, because it's so impressive even on video!

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Laser vortex is *very* portal to another world! And I like the clawing green hands on the tombstone around 2:13 or so.

I think your idea for the moving images is genius. The faces are amazingly 3-D looking - they really pop. If the haunt looks even better in person then it must really blow people away, because it's so impressive even on video!
stop that now ... you're making me blush ... :)

ok you can continue now :)

the moving shower curtain image thingy/mobile was part luck & part genius ... previous years the shower curtains were strung along the back of the yard and with a slight breeze they really look like they're alive ... so i probably had 10 or 12 new shower curtains made this year ... it never occurred to me what i was going to do with them all ... some didn't get used for one reason or another ... but i thought of wind mobiles and knew that i had to make a frame to hang them off of, suspend them at the top middle & let the wind work for me ... unfortunately, we had too much wind and so we had to improvise on the go to keep everything stable but still free to rotate ... anyways they turned out gr8

we keep the same basic "theme" if you can call it that, and this year was our best display ever ... we got so many compliments, i thought my head was going to explode ...

amk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts