Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time this year both me and the wife got new debit cards sent to us because of security breaches where we shop. No biggie right?

No biggie unless your auto-drafts are set through your debit cards rather than directly through your financial institution for security AND you have paperless billing.

Yesterday the electric company came by to turn off our power because we were unknowingly behind in payment. Oops. He rang the doorbell and told my wife that we had such a great display that he didn't want to turn the power off to it. Could we pay the bill so he wouldn't have to come back? She knew immediately what happened and the autodraft is now set back and running.

So, Halloween saved an afternoon of no power! Go team Haunt.

And yeah, the wife and I have both laughed that neither of us checked the emails from the power company. Silly oversight on our part. First world problems. lol.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,943 Posts
Ugh, I wish the bank would give you some warning when they do that crap. I know it's safe that way, but ust a robo call or email saying you'll be getting a new card or something would be super helpful.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh, I wish the bank would give you some warning when they do that crap. I know it's safe that way, but ust a robo call or email saying you'll be getting a new card or something would be super helpful.
Oh we've had the new cards for about six weeks. Between the two of us we got everything else transferred. Just forgot about those teensy tiny sort of important in the modern world electron providers.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,943 Posts
There's ALWAYS one. And one day you have no internet, no cable, no Netflix or your Paypal won't go through, or no electricity & you wonder why & then you're all "DOH!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts