Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has been for quite some time now. So, do we Really Need such cold temperatures and So much Snow almost every other day?
Our holiday is pretty much affected by the weather but now my building plans are being effected too since I really can't afford to spend the money it would take to Heat my garage so I could work there for more than just 15 minutes, baring the cold.
Sweeping and shoveling new snow is about all I get done. The best thing I happened to do (seven years ago) was to buy a 4-door Jeep which allows me to NOT have to hired someone to plow out a driveway to the garage, 4-wheel drive and the high ground-clearance makes that happen.
"Everybody complains about the Weather, but nobody does anything about it!" (A very old saying)
"GGRRRR!" From the Northwest Corner Of Illinois.where the state plow trucks have to be bigger and have thicker steel frames to handle the Winter!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Same here. The thought of even running to the garage and grabbing things to work on makes me shudder. It's been so cold here I don't even want to venture out of a blanket to do much of anything. I work in front of open garage doors and have to resort to thermals and multiple layers at work too. Getting major spring fever! I have to resort to scouring the internet for deals and project items to appease my Halloween fix. If it doesn't warm up soon I'm going to end up broke and with way too many projects and no place to put it. LOL

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
feel free to send your winter this way. Utah has pretty much been springlike the last month
Yes, send it this way.... PLEASE.

We're going to be in drought hell this summer if we don't get a crazy amount of snow through this next 5 weeks.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,603 Posts
Keep your snow. You don't want 108 degrees, empty canals, and fires burning all over the place. Trust me.
Yeah, I don't want the drought...I just want the spring like temps Scatterbrains was talking about! Weather all over the US is a mess lately, just for different reasons.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This County had small amounts of spotty rainfall during Corn Season, yet some record setting yields came in, yes I think most were using the seeds that some are so suspicious of but what do you do?
What has not been genetically modified that we eat?
The first corn as found mummified in California was so tiny the "Ears" were about the size of a 10 yr. old child's finger.
I ate some potato chips that were coated with Trans-fat and I had a real problem (I think it was that stuff, anyway?) for quite awhile.
(My underware suffered greatly!) and a stomach ache too!)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Drought? What is that you speak of? And yet another snowstorm heading for the northeast. If it's not snowing here it's raining. Yep..everywhere has it's downfalls. Very few above 90 degree days here so I yearn for summer but ughhhhhh.. the long dreary winter! Have to cram any prop building ideas I have in just a few short months since I only venture out when I have to Dec.-March.

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Drought? What is that you speak of?
It's a big continent, this America. Over here on the West side??? Third low water year in a row.

When you're trying to have fun during the summer, yet it looks like you're being attacked by Mordor cuz of forest fire smoke, it kinda sux.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
There may be a self imposed drought. Detroit is proposing a plan that could double or triple water bills in Southeastern MI.
What a crock. As if things are not bad enough at the moment... Are these morons going to volunteer to let the unfortunate people who have already lost (or are close to losing) their homes stay in their houses until they are able to get back on their feet?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts