Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to introduce myself. I am very new at all this and my spouse and family think that I may have serious issues that may require outside additional help!!! LOL

But being serious, I have always liked that spooky aura about Halloween and never pursued anything to do with it.. I am good with my hands and can look at things for what they can be rather than what they are. So with this being said I figured lets get rolling with the projects.

Now this year we had our first Halloween party (little to no decor) and the guests had a great time with a multitude of request to make it happen again next year. Since the party I have found myself in your forum constantly looking at your members post and projects. I will have to say you have quite the talented crew here and you have motivated me even more than I already was! I look forward to discussing future items with you all.

Vendetta

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hi Vendetta, so glad you decided to join our spooky little family. There are plenty of projects to check out here and many wonderful spirits who are more then willing to help you out with tips and ideas. And I'd agree with Terra, if you're family thinks you have issues now? they aint seen nothing yet, wait till we sink our claws into you:);)Look forward to getting to know you

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
who knows, it's happened before, maybe we will influence the family and they will be hanging here as well. great bunch here.
nice to meet you

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all, yes this is becoming addictive to the point I can't wait to work on things (as money allows). I have time off from work now and it stinks because the cash is not there to do what I want.

It does not help that my first project I am working on totally blew my family and friends away!!!!! Yes three weeks ago I backed into the the garage with a real casket. My wife's reaction was not the most understanding reaction in the world, I quote " Something is seriously wrong with you, Your not bringing that $%^&* into my house".

Since then it has been a little better it has made it to my work room in the basement. I have also painted it and dyed the interior (originally it was light blue with a powder blue interior, bad 70's look). Now the hard part is over and time to start working on the fun stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can do some after pics, I will look and see if I can find add pics when it was for sale. Trust me it looked like a bad leisure suit from the 70's.

It's exterior is now a dark charcoal, interior is black, bottom half will contain an ice cooler for pop- beer and top half will hopefully have a realistic body depending on how good I can fab up a life like head. I want to add some sound or something to it but as I said I am new at this and will figure that part out as I move along with the project.

·
Reaper Queen
8,799 Posts
Hello Vendetta from a fellow Michigander, welcome to the forum, I can't wait to see pics of your casket, sounds cool! ( the rest of the world may think you need help, but around here, it's them that need the help, we are just fine!!) sounds like you fit in perfectly around here!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts