Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
diggerc These look awesome even the 1977 display! Do you still have those paper ones? If you did I would mount them on plywood and seal it with some exterior sealer just to keep the vintage vibe of it and I bet Kelloween on here would love to recreate that witch with in her paintings she does.
Yup still have the paper witches. I have thought about mounting them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
diggerc These look awesome even the 1977 display! Do you still have those paper ones? If you did I would mount them on plywood and seal it with some exterior sealer just to keep the vintage vibe of it and I bet Kelloween on here would love to recreate that witch with in her paintings she does.
Yup still have the paper witches. I have thought about mounting them.
I found a better picture here.
http://www.3-dmonster.com/2012/10/halloween-decorations-from-my-youth.html

·
Registered
280 Posts
My witches for this year. I still have to fool with their posing a little bit but for the most part this is my coven.
Edit: I can only post this picture. it says my remote files are too large. I'll post when I figure it out.

killed-by-death-albums-halloween-picture179890-2013.jpg

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,470 Posts
My witches for this year. I still have to fool with their posing a little bit but for the most part this is my coven.
Edit: I can only post this picture. it says my remote files are too large. I'll post when I figure it out.

View attachment 179894
Nice! Love the Death Studios masks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow diggerc, you were probably the most decorated house on the street way back in 1977.

I know this thread is somewhat old, but everything looks great. Maybe someone could use this thread as inspiration for this year?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I needed a trio of witches a couple years ago and didn't have time to sculpt them from scratch. I ended up taking the head out of a Gemmy Spirit Ball and added a sculpted neck to it (and a few other details) using wax based clay. A mold was made and we knocked out the witches in latex with a much cooler paint job.

Original
5695178398_d674eb6437.jpg

New Version
IMG_1153.jpg

I want to eventually sculpt something more realistic (in the way of Schell Studio's witch), but for the time this last-minute plan worked out great. Sorry there are no pictures of the completed figures — perhaps this year it will happen. BTW: The original prop was cleaned and restored to it's original setup.

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Amazing work! What method did u use for making ur hands and what mache did u use. I love ur work
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Below are some photos that might help you more. Basic description is that I twisted electric fencing wire together to create a bendable structure for the fingers. We then wired five sections together and bent them into shape using our own hands as models.

Then we simply covered them in wadded up masking tape to give them volume followed by shop towels soaked in elmers glue to create skin. Painted that with a single coat of latex paint, and then finally acrylic paint for color and any fuzzy detail.

Attachments

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I love your Gemmy witches! Very cool. Thanks for posting.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
People have taken notice. 2014 retailers are flooded with an great abundance of witch themed props! Moreover, it's a big witch year for me! Entrepreneurs have taken notice of all of your talent and probably stolen it this year. Here is to wishing you all a Happy Halloween, and to going extreme on your witch theme this year! :) <3

101 - 120 of 131 Posts