Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Witch scene's are essential to any haunters display! :D
Post pictures of your witch related props, scene, and decor.

This is my first year doing an witch display. Moreover, the display is going to be surrounded around her:

Witchpropnew1.jpg
Witch=Classic cool :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
OHHH! I want to play too! We're doing a haunted witches forest this year as our front yard display. There will be a coven of three hags and assoreted other props to fill in the scene. I have two of them done.

This one is animated and will have her head turn back and forth.

This static prop is holding a spell book.

The third one will be stirring a large cauldron

There will be the caged victim

Each of the witches will have her own tombstone too!

·
Registered
744 Posts
This year i want to make my "Witch's Bubbling Brew" Exhibit really amazing. It is always the favorite part of the Haunt, but i have never been really happy with the witch prop part. This is the pond with dry ice.

This is the scene overall:

The witch is an animated prop with a button for the tots to press. I like that it is fun for the little kids because it keeps them from getting too scared, but on the same token, i want to get a big cauldron to hang over the pond and a really scary witch (preferably an actual actress). But then it gets too scary. I don't know what to do. Maybe both.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great work guys! I can't wait to see your finished product though. Keep the pictures pouring in :D

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Jdubbya I like the witch holding the spell book so much detail, it gives me the chills :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Grimm !!! Those are some wicked looking witches. Where did u buy them ? And are they gemmy!? Ps all ur guys set up and props look great

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Thanks for the comments

Grimm !!! Those are some wicked looking witches. Where did u buy them ? And are they gemmy!? Ps all ur guys set up and props look great
These two witches are home brews. Sculpted heads and hands. The robes & gowns are store bought (wherever they were the cheapest). The head movements are vent motors, the cauldron is a wiper motor.

It's hard to find a good witch mask. Jdubbya has the best (or one of the best) witch masks I've seen.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Thanks for the comments

These two witches are home brews. Sculpted heads and hands. The robes & gowns are store bought (wherever they were the cheapest). The head movements are vent motors, the cauldron is a wiper motor.

It's hard to find a good witch mask. Jdubbya has the best (or one of the best) witch masks I've seen.
You're right, Doc. Nice witch masks are rare. You guys that sculpt have it good. I know mine would turn out like crap so I opt for masks! A good source for some really nice ones is Death Studios. I'm waiting on Swamp Witch to be delivered any day now, so I can finish my coven.

http://www.deathstudios.com/Masks/Index.cfm/go:site.Group/Group:11/ID:1/index.html

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
I have always wanted a third witch but haven't built one yet. The stirring witch is from plans found on www.scarefx.com. This year I hope to trade the barrel for a large round fiberglass cauldron.

Wow what a setup. Such attention to detail (including the witch holding the lantern has her pinky extended)

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
280 Posts
1 - 20 of 131 Posts
About this Discussion
130 Replies
52 Participants
belladonna
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing