Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yay! Started decorating my yard !

Finally! I had a bunch of friends over and we got a big part of my decorations out. I still have a lot of fine tuning and putting up the smaller props as well as the lighting but I'm so excited the Halloween season is finally here! :)

Edit - Page 3 has the finished decorating pics - Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Edit - Page 4 has the finished NIGHT decorating pics - Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

Edit - Page 3 has the finished decorating pics - Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Edit - Page 4 has the finished NIGHT decorating pics - Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Ok that pumpkin guy is AWESOME!!!! Did you make that??? And the spiders on the side of the wall.............very cool!!! Really nice effect!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Looks great! I really like those spiders.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok that pumpkin guy is AWESOME!!!! Did you make that??? And the spiders on the side of the wall.............very cool!!! Really nice effect!
yep, I made it :) It took alot of work to build but it only cost $20! When we were putting it up it started raining and I was a wreck thinking it was going to melt but it held up perfectly.
It was a fun 1st day of decorating. I'll defiantly get some more pics up tomorrow after the 2nd day of decorating.

AFA the spiders, they are held up with paper clips. lol, I know it sounds crazy but here's how:
On most vinyl siding there are small vent hole on the bottom. I make this shape with a paper clip then squeeze the ends together and pop it into the hole one end at a time. The bent ends hold it in and it's strong enough to hold a pretty good sized prop. The paper clip will pull out before you damage the siding in my experience. I use 2 paper clips for each spider and connect the clip and spider with fishing line.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those spiders are crazy creepy.
Everything looks wonderful, you have a really nice large yard to work with!

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Gratz! I started mine two days ago and now on hold for several days of rain. :(

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Yikes! you need an exterminator! haha
Looks great! Love the spiders!

MsM

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those spiders are crazy creepy.
Everything looks wonderful, you have a really nice large yard to work with!
Thanks all for the compliments :)
We are very lucky with our yard. We bought the house before we ever did any decorating so we didn't realize its potential for a Halloween display. It's a corner lot and all the kids walk past on the way to and from school (ages 7-13). My wife leaves for work about the same time as all the kids and parents are walking to school and all month long the parents and kids would hang around on the sidewalk in the morning peering into our garage to see what's new from the previous night. Yesterday there were quite a few cars that were driving by and when they got to our house you could see the cars almost locking up the tires to slow down prolly thinking 'OMG what the heck is that?!' One mini van had about 5 kids in the back all with their faces plastered to the windows as it slowly drove by, it was sooo funny! It's great getting the community excited for Halloween. I hope I can get more people to start decorating!

We're planning on staying in this house for good but if we ever need to buy a new one a BIG buying point will be the potential for Halloween!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Spartan it is people like you that I respect..you are just like me..a kid t heart it seems..and more importantly you love Halloween, even when you talk about buying a house Halloween comes up (not many people think that way) I am the same way..glad you get great reactions, people notice your hard work..where I live I get some traffic but it seems you lucked out with a corner house..good job on the display keep it up..this makes me want to start going all out soon myself..I have only scratched the surface with my props so far..

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
Very nice yard. I also love the spiders. I am so jealous of those of you able to get corn stalks. unlucky for me not alot of corn grown where I live. But I am trying to figure ways to create my own stalks for next year.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts