Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, we had a yard sale on Saturday that exceeded belief. We had been putting it off for months due to family illnesses, weather and so on... we finally pulled the trigger. Was afraid that it wouldn't be good since it wasn't a payday weekend...

We put an ad in Craigslist and in the free ad section of the paper's website. We didn't pay for any ads.

We put up 5 signs directing people from various intersections.

We had people steadily coming from 7am to 4pm! At some points, there was nowhere to park on our street. It was nuts! The big stuff sold early and people kept coming. We made over $1200, and I took the leftovers to Goodwill. We now have a clean garage and money to spend. Moohahahahaha!

·
Reaper Queen
8,648 Posts
Wow, that is fantastic! WE are having one at some point (when ever we can gather all the loot together!LOL!) Hope ours does even a fraction of what yours did! We are going to use craigs list to advertise too- can't beat a free ad! We have sold quite a few things on there!

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try to have it the weekend that falls on a monthly/bi-weekly/weekly payday schedule if possible. Cash in hand...

Spread everything out on tables and price EVERYTHING.

ALSO, make sure the person that negotiates the price communicates to the person that takes the money. I told a guy $1 per bag of something, and he told my wife I said 10 cents per bag! Instead of $4, we got 40 cents.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
thats great you guys did so good. Twice a year in my small community we have a community lot sale. I only made a little under $300.00 and thought I did good but hearing what you made is even better. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts