Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first coffin today at a yard sale for 40 bucks (they wanted 60). It's a plain plywood coffin, no top but it's nice and sturdy and I've always wanted one. It's 6 feet tall and I'm very happy with it. I will think about putting a lid on it later, it's got a nice sturdy frame and plywood sides and bottom. Hooray for me. I know I could have built one for free with pallets but this saves me work and I'm all for that.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Awesome, Tina! Had they too used it as a prop? I mean funny question, but...just wondering!

Maxim, that's odd, that people would give you funny looks for buying stuff THEY put out. That just happened to me at Wally World, actually. I got the same pillars Mandathewitch had posted about here, and they were big and took up most of the shopping cart. As I was wheeling them to the checkout, people were giving me strange looks...well, folks, it was in the store and up for sale. (????) It isn't like I tried to pull the drinking fountain out of the wall and buy that. Even the cashier's eyes widened. Dudes. If you think it's too weird to sell, then how about you...don't sell it? :confused: I thought that was the oddest thing ever.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
$40 isn't too bad considering the cost of plywood these days you have to figure theres almost $30 in material cost. When you get a chance, post a pick of your coffin.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Awesome, Tina! Had they too used it as a prop? I mean funny question, but...just wondering!

Maxim, that's odd, that people would give you funny looks for buying stuff THEY put out. That just happened to me at Wally World, actually. I got the same pillars Mandathewitch had posted about here, and they were big and took up most of the shopping cart. As I was wheeling them to the checkout, people were giving me strange looks...well, folks, it was in the store and up for sale. (????) It isn't like I tried to pull the drinking fountain out of the wall and buy that. Even the cashier's eyes widened. Dudes. If you think it's too weird to sell, then how about you...don't sell it? :confused: I thought that was the oddest thing ever.
lol, i just had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago at Dollar tree, i bought some of those little skeleton garland things and the lady checker goes out of her way to look at me strange and says "isn't it a little early for halloween?" and i said "you're the one selling them" and i could actually see her brain process the logic and she goes "oh, yeah" like she should of thought of that. i hate when checkers feel they have to chime in on your purchases, guess what? i don't care for your analysis, just tell me how much i owe. i like the self-checkouts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Good find, Tina. I acquired this one (see pics) from the Boise Contemporary Theatre for $100. They used it in a play and didn't want to take up the space to store it. I re-did the interior in it. It was fun sitting inside of it with the garage door open and the neighbors walking by! It rides around in the back of my hearse now.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good find, Tina. I acquired this one (see pics) from the Boise Contemporary Theatre for $100. They used it in a play and didn't want to take up the space to store it. I re-did the interior in it. It was fun sitting inside of it with the garage door open and the neighbors walking by! It rides around in the back of my hearse now.
Oh wow you did an amazing job on the interior and what an excellent find for $100 . I would love to see the one you found also Tina. I've been wanting one for quite a while now and am thinking about making one for this year, since we have the tools out for redoing our downstairs already anyway :) How could the hubby resist me if I put it that way?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts