Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally! We put out our decorations outside today... Here's the link to my Photobucket album:
WickedBB70 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The graveyard is missing a few spider webs and some skeletons, but so far, we're very pleased with our set-up. Next week, we will finish setting up in our garage with the stone casket, a wooden coffin for my son (how weird does that sounds??!!!), dry leaves on the floor, tree branches attached to the ceiling, and some scene setters to set the "cemetery" tone...

Let me know what you think! :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,507 Posts
That looks GREAT! That stone crypt is awesome! Looks like the real thing. Love the night shot too. Very well balanced!

·
Registered
530 Posts
VEEEEEEEEEEEERY nice! LOL, a coffin for your son? :) That made me giggle.
so...wanna come over and do my yard? It hardly looks like we've touched it *sigh*

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks great. What did you use for the material hanging from the house? I was looking for a way to bring the house into the haunt, but was coming up with nothing...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your comments guys! The material we used is simple cheesecloth... The only problem we have with this is that, when it is windy, it "flies" up on the roof and stays attached there... So we take the "pool pole" and unattach them one by one... we took them down for the pictures! ;)

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Very nice set up. Love the giant ghostie guys ! and appreciate the answer to your roof cheesecloth garland. Great idea ! But wind would be a problem.
Thought it was interesting ....cause we home haunters love to build and make stuff ...
that your house has brick facade and you had to do stone a Cimetery crypt. But it looks great. Did you build all your TS and Crypt arch yourself. And how do you put up your big ghosts? ( what kind of frame and material do you use?)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your nice compliments! What a great start to my week!! :)

Cylonfrogqueen: yes, we did make our TS and crypt arch ourselves... Long hours, but I think it's totally worth it. They are basically made of blue styrofoam that we "aged" using water and a torch, then painting it all grey, and then adding some blackish and greeninsh aging to it (pictures to come). We also added moss to make it look older (picture to come as well).

Gothikren and cylonfrogqueen: the ghosts are the easiest thing ever... I'm almost "ashamed" to admit how they're made... :rolleyes: We just took two squares of cheesecloth (approx. 4' x 4'), glued them to a large styrofoam ball, placed a hook on the top of their head and attached them to fishing lines... And voilà! :)

sheepies666: I asked my hubby if he wanted to help you set up your haunt. His answer: absolutely not! He's almost dead himself of all the hours we put into this... And I'll try to post pictures of my son's coffin ;) (he absolutely wanted me to completely close the cover at one point... he's as bizarre as we are....!!)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Darn! Is he sure??? LOL
I can see the hours that you've put into that display! It's amazing.
Kudos on raising your son right!!!

btw, how did you hand the ghost on the right? I just did a double-take and realized that there's nothing over top of it! And are there any wires in the arms, or just the fishing line tied at the ends?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey there sheepies666!

Thanks for the compliment on raising my son right :) I assume he's gonna be a Halloween junkie too when he grows up! :p

For the ghost question, no, there are no wires, just fishing lines attached to opposite corners of the cheesecloth and then attached to the fishing line that runs from one tree to another... Pretty simple, hey? :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts