Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I'm a long time Halloween lover and always decorate for Halloween.

This year however I'm looking to up my game. I want to do a theme so terrifying the kiddies will barely make it to the front door to grab their candy and run like hell!

I've come up with a post-apocalyptic zombie theme, or a Nazi era occult mad scientist theme.

I live in a mobile home park and have fairly limited space, but are surrounded by thick woods/marshy swampland. The home has a natural eeriness to it, featuring 1970 sheet metal siding/unfinished plywood on the side with the front door. The shed that's literally across the way is even creepier, it has the broken window boarded shut with the door stuck partially open.......The roof has moss naturally growing on it too, not to mention the shed is leaning slightly due to its old age.

Does anyone have any good theme ideas where I can be an active performer to terrify the audience? Or do you have any suggestions on the partial theme ideas Ive come up with?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think the mad scientist theme is more original. You can be Dr. Frankenstein (white lab coat, wild wig, latex gloves and a prop stethoscope) and get someone else to play 'the monster'. You can dress up the are like it's a lab with gross stuff in jars and one of those flashing strobe lights that has thunder and lightning. If you have a picnic table, drape it with sheets and have 'the monster' lie down as you operate on him. We did that once and when the monster (the Bride of Frankenstein) suddenly sat up you should have heard the screams!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Not so much a theme as an idea. I've seen quite a few people in our area throw out old big screen TVs. You know, the huge box ones. If you took the guts out, you could actually sit in there. I thought it would be cool if someone dressed as Samara from the Ring and sat inside. Then she would reach out and scare the kids as they tried to walk by. I'm sure you could do the same by building a fake TV out of wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nazi era occult mad scientist theme.
There's a movie that came out this year called "Frankenstein's Army" that is basically exactly this theme. The movie itself is a little silly but the creature designs were absolutely amazing. You might consider looking at that movie for inspiration. It'll be released on DVD September 10th.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/frankensteins_army/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well then by overwhelming vote Nazi/mad Scientist theme it is! Thanks guys. Now does anyone have any ideas for props/ decorations for this theme? I like the picnic table surgery idea....

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
seriously, just stick some LED eyes and a speaker with a playback unit in that shed, have it on a switch so you can trigger it, and that's all you need to scare the daylights out of everyone. People walk by and you hit the switch to provide the glowing eyes and the sound of growling and chains rattling. You can probably pull it off for less than $30.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts