Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We spent 6 hours today putting up the fence and the frame work for our 3rd annual yard haunt. This year is the first to have a cemetery fence. Boy was it a lot of work, from driving 45 mins to Lowes, to picking out the furring strips to make sure they're straight, to building a drill press in order to drill holes into the wood. The results? 6 eight section fences. YES!!!... The whole time I'm thinking... at least I don't have to do this again next year! lol

Anyway.. here it is.. Not much, but this is all we could do today. I also touched up my monster mud grim reaper... it started out as just monster mud but didn't like how he turned, so I just draped black cloth over him. This year, I sewed his clothes on, where last year I just pinned him. I'm going to redo this scythe, make his eyes blink and not have the hood closed like you see in the photo.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
We spent 6 hours today putting up the fence and the frame work for our 3rd annual yard haunt. This year is the first to have a cemetery fence. Boy was it a lot of work, from driving 45 mins to Lowes, to picking out the furring strips to make sure they're straight, to building a drill press in order to drill holes into the wood. The results? 6 eight section fences. YES!!!... The whole time I'm thinking... at least I don't have to do this again next year! lol

Anyway.. here it is.. Not much, but this is all we could do today. I also touched up my monster mud grim reaper... it started out as just monster mud but didn't like how he turned, so I just draped black cloth over him. This year, I sewed his clothes on, where last year I just pinned him. I'm going to redo this scythe, make his eyes blink and not have the hood closed like you see in the photo.
Looks great so far ! were you be in the EB ? & great having another SF bay area haunter here !!,from DL in SSF

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome reaper! Did you make him or buy him?
I made him. He's covered with monster mud under neath and I just clothed him with black cloth. He stands 6" tall. I don't like that he's stocky though, next time I would make him skinnier.

Oh, another thing I would like to redo is his hands. I got lazy and instead of making hands out of some material, I just made him wear a glove over wire and pens.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
You have a very nice set up, aznraverkid. I like yor lighting. Your pics came out with alot of color and makes the displays look really good. Nice Props too !!!! I especially like your spider coming out of the window and the little rats. They are a nice touch to all the other great stuff you have. Which one is you? Harry Potter or Astronaunt? thanks for sharing !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have a very nice set up, aznraverkid. I like yor lighting. Your pics came out with alot of color and makes the displays look really good. Nice Props too !!!! I especially like your spider coming out of the window and the little rats. They are a nice touch to all the other great stuff you have. Which one is you? Harry Potter or Astronaunt? thanks for sharing !
Can you guess?

I'm kidding. I'm on the left in the Harry Potter Gryffindor costume. Thanks for your comments. That large inflatable grim reaper was our first Halloween prop purchased 3 years ago and that's how it all started :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts