Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

As promised in other posts.. I have posted some pictures of our yard haunt/haunted house. just look below......

As you can see our haunted house is made with cardboard (for walls) and 2x4 (as supports). As shown in two of the photos we make several holes in the cardboard and use twine to attach the walls together. Its a lengthy process but It holds up pretty good.

ill post more pictures tommarrow... lemme know what you think....

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,867 Posts
I love cardboard for prop building, so I'm interested to see what you're going to do with this.

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As promised here is an update with additional pictures...

We added some walls as well as extended some walls to full height look below for more.... lemme know what you think

This one is from across the yard...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ofcourse we are worried about rain... but I bellieve it will be here in So. CALI this season...

MORE PICS COMING SOON!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well so far it has standed up pretty good.... It has not rained at all (since we started building) so, we are ok.

I live in So. California and its REALLY DRY THIS YEAR... SO WE ARE OK!!

more pictures coming soon... STAND BY!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DANG! Thats ALOT of cardboard and string! Hope it holds up 4 ya.

Trust me you don't even know how much it is haha...

BUT FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE.. WE HAVE A PROBLEM I NEED IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE WALLS ON PAVEMENT.... I HAVE A LONG DRIVEWAY (entrance to maze) AND WE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME FIGURING OUT HOW TO BUILD THE REST OF THE MAZE.... ANY IDEAS PLEASE!!! THEY ARE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trust me you don't even know how much it is haha...

BUT FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE.. WE HAVE A PROBLEM I NEED IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE WALLS ON PAVEMENT.... I HAVE A LONG DRIVEWAY (entrance to maze) AND WE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME FIGURING OUT HOW TO BUILD THE REST OF THE MAZE.... ANY IDEAS PLEASE!!! THEY ARE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!
Try putting 4 posts of some kind, tying string or rope to the top of them, and hanging sheets or plastic or something from the sheets. Go to the junk yard and look for some cool stuff.
You could also use props on the side like barriers to the entrance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try putting 4 posts of some kind, tying string or rope to the top of them, and hanging sheets or plastic or something from the sheets. Go to the junk yard and look for some cool stuff.
You could also use props on the side like barriers to the entrance.
Thanks for the ideas... I think we may try making somekind of archway... or brace and connect a wire from one end to the other and hang sheets on the wire....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ALRIGHT EVERYONE!!!!

As promised here are some updated photos of our haunt.... there is actually more but... that will be shown later with a vid (next couple of days).

we are almost done decorating... but you cant tell by these photos...

lemme know what you think!!!

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Wow I'm amazed by your work with the cardboard. Almost looks easy. Just a stitch here and a stitch there. I like that it's recyclable and can't wait to see what you do with all the walls and other decorations.

Man that's a lot of cardboard....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow I'm amazed by your work with the cardboard. Almost looks easy. Just a stitch here and a stitch there. I like that it's recyclable and can't wait to see what you do with all the walls and other decorations.

Man that's a lot of cardboard....
You would be suprised, its not hard at all.... the only problem that you run into is the cardboard warping when there is a lot of moisture in the air... but other than that... have a couple 2 x 4's throughout the maze and your good...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts