Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it rained yesterday and I decided to take a few pics. Wasn't going to until later because I wasn't done..but what the hay why not

House Home Property Siding Roof

Yard Cemetery Atmospheric phenomenon Grave Tree

Atmospheric phenomenon Land lot Cemetery Yard Tree

Nothing crazy or special, I'm going to do more to it. Lights, fog, heads, bones, and pumpkins to the columns.

So that rain...full out storm...

House Darkness Lighting Light Property

Black Darkness Night Lighting Light

Sky Black Night Nature Darkness

Just a little devastated here..like..idunno. Everything is broken, This effing suuuuucks. But I'm going to attempt to rebuild and setup. Here's hoping

·
Registered
455 Posts
that looks very creepy indeed

Reactions: miles

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah...it DID look creepy lol, now its just broken in pieces on my porch. I need to go back to it after work and fix EVERY SINGLE THING. oi. onwards and upwards I suppose.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Miles, so sorry about the storm. I hate that October weather is so unpredictable. We had the same loss a couple of years back. You can fix it up, and in the dark it will look fine.
It is frustrating my friend, but keep your head up. It will all come out fine. Just like I told Johnny when our stuff crapped out or didn't work, it is what it is. And no one knows you didn't mean for it to be that way!
I concur with our friends above...your house is gorgeous!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Seriously, your house is so perfect you don't even need to add any décor! Maybe some spider webs and creepy lighting and sound effects. Done! You have the house that haunters dream of.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the kind words everybody, I really appreciate. I honestly do. This is what im talking about when I say this place is like family. we help pick each other up if we fall. I promise you there WILL be progress pics after I get out of work!

also one funny note about it. that darn scarecrow fell like10 times since I put it up in September , and that was the only thing left standing last night...weird lol.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah unfortunately I know how you feel Miles, We had a load of stuff destroyed last year and the UK is gearing up for the same terrible weather again, which prevents me getting any of my stuff outside! We had have had gale force wind and rain for two days now, and the forecast is saying more to come:( It doesn't help that I also live about as close to the beach as you can get, so we really do get the wild weather mixed with a load of sand! I know that may sound great given I have a pirates theme, but I actually don't want to be fishing my props out of the sea, so looks like it will be another indoor party. Oh the weather!!!!!:mad:

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
also one funny note about it. that darn scarecrow fell like10 times since I put it up in September , and that was the only thing left standing last night...weird lol.
LOL! "That's right! Come at me, storm!"

You rock! What a great attitude.

At least on the plus side Halloween is all about the old and broken and decrepit, so hopefully if you can patch it together a bit, it'll just look a little more scary. That probably wouldn't fly at Christmas. Wishing you tons of luck and great weather from here on out.

And glad you got some photos in before hand. The yard looks great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry for you troubles. Unfortunately, I learned long ago that mother nature can be a b****. Everything I make and put out now is designed to be as weather proof as possible. Tombstones and fences and staked with iron rebar. Everything is as waterproofed and wind proofed as I can make it. Anything delicate goes up and down on H day. Of course despite all that, it didn't help me much the year we had a foot of snow the week of Halloween.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Oh man. I would cry! Your cemetery looked so eerie. And I also want your house.

Okay. So. Deep breath and maybe a glass of wine or bottle of beer or rum, pick your poison. Then it's time for Halloween, TAKE TWO! You GOT this, Miles! You can do it! We see what you can do. You can do it again! A storm didn't stop your scarecrow, and it's not going to scare you off either!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks a million guys! honestly i appreciate your kindiness...so....uppppppdattttte!!!

It looks sadder in the daylight lol

Property Wall Yard Backyard House

Yard Lawn Property Backyard Wall

little elbow grease and hot coco

Grass Land lot Fence Yard Lawn

Yard Property Wall Home Land lot

Home Property Yard House Wall

Home House Property Residential area Siding

notice the judgmental and worried for my safety dog haha
stones will take or day or so to get back up, but at least i can show you them as they appear now(the ones i like)

this one is for my ground breaker mummy ::wink wink nudge nudge::

Headstone Grave Stele Text Stone carving

broke half of it now...but seems appropriate

Headstone Grave Stone carving Stele Font

Stele Text Font Wood Stone carving

now this is...this is my favorite, i may need to tweak it a bit, but he deserves it, hes my childhood and adulthood. the man.

Stele Stone carving Font Memorial Chalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is it that nice? lol I mean I did buy it solely to decorate it for Halloween haha. It did have a giant pine tree right on the corner...had to remove it, twas bigger than the house. Thanks for the complents though, I feel proud lmao

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.