Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are about 3 months away from Yankee's Halloween release. It is usually the last Saturday in August. I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us as far as Halloween candles, accessories and, of course, the Boney Bunch. What are you hoping for as far as a theme for the accessories and the Boney Bunch?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very excited to see what's coming.. I wonder if they will go with another theme this year, or just go with a variety of styles. Either way, I'm so curious. Definitely would love to see a vampire, or a boney scarecrow! Also, they should really do boney bunch taper candle holders, but make them look like slim statues.. if that makes sense. I still say they should do a mug too. I mean, they had cuttery and plates back in 2010, why not a mug lol

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very excited to see what's coming.. I wonder if they will go with another theme this year, or just go with a variety of styles. Either way, I'm so curious. Definitely would love to see a vampire, or a boney scarecrow! Also, they should really do boney bunch taper candle holders, but make them look like slim statues.. if that makes sense. I still say they should do a mug too. I mean, they had cuttery and plates back in 2010, why not a mug lol
Your ideas all sound wonderful. I would love to see a vampire, and I never even thought about a scarecrow, that would be amazing. As the time of the release draws closer, I, too, am getting excited. Time will tell what they have in store for us this year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not a huge Boney Bunch person, but I would definitely buy a vampire! Wouldn't mind seeing an open casket holding 3 tealights/votives or something like that. One of my favorite Halloween pieces that I got there years ago has old creepy-looking mirrors with crows sitting on them, and tealights for each mirror. So gothic.

I'm always interested in their Sophia items. Last year, I really liked the haunted house jar holder. So I'm just curious about whatever new stuff they bring out.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not a huge Boney Bunch person, but I would definitely buy a vampire! Wouldn't mind seeing an open casket holding 3 tealights/votives or something like that. One of my favorite Halloween pieces that I got there years ago has old creepy-looking mirrors with crows sitting on them, and tealights for each mirror. So gothic.

I'm always interested in their Sophia items. Last year, I really liked the haunted house jar holder. So I'm just curious about whatever new stuff they bring out.
I love your ideas. Last year they had that Phantasmagoria Relax Multi Tea Light Holder Halloween Skeleton. They could utilize that same idea and have an open casket with a vampire. Great idea. I know what piece you are referring to, the mirrors with crows sitting on them, I have that one too. I love the pieces from several years back. I hope they make us happy this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good evening =)
Newer member to the boards but have been following (creepily) for sometime. Great site to keep track of the boney bunch, Mr. Bones and other halloween items. Nice to meet all of you. Very excited for this year's new batch 🎃
Welcome. We love talking about the Boney Bunch, Yankee Halloween and Mr. Bones and Friends. Do you collect the Boney Bunch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome. We love talking about the Boney Bunch, Yankee Halloween and Mr. Bones and Friends. Do you collect the Boney Bunch?
I do! I have since 2011 or so. My mom too. However, I've been doing a lot of back collecting the last couple of years (coping strategy for getting through NP school). Recently acquired a new cabinet for my prized pieces which I'm very excited about.

I have to thank this board and the members - I've learned a lot about older BB pieces and Mr. Bones from reading your posts. Thought it was about time I joined. Maybe help out some other collectors =)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do! I have since 2011 or so. My mom too. However, I've been doing a lot of back collecting the last couple of years (coping strategy for getting through NP school). Recently acquired a new cabinet for my prized pieces which I'm very excited about.

I have to thank this board and the members - I've learned a lot about older BB pieces and Mr. Bones from reading your posts. Thought it was about time I joined. Maybe help out some other collectors =)
That's wonderful. I have learned alot from other members as well. I just started collecting the past few years, and have been back collecting the older 2008/2009 pieces. I really love those older ones. I would love to see a picture of your prized pieces in the cabinet once you get it all set up. So happy that you decided to join us!!! 💀🎃👻

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's wonderful. I have learned alot from other members as well. I just started collecting the past few years, and have been back collecting the older 2008/2009 pieces. I really love those older ones. I would love to see a picture of your prized pieces in the cabinet once you get it all set up. So happy that you decided to join us!!! 💀🎃👻
Oh absolutely! I love to share pics! I'm getting more pieces out now but this is one I purchased a couple months ago. Interestingly, there isn't much on info on this guy.
Drinkware Wood Artifact Flowerpot Art

·
Registered
8 Posts
The older ones are so wonderful!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh absolutely! I love to share pics! I'm getting more pieces out now but this is one I purchased a couple months ago. Interestingly, there isn't much on info on this guy. View attachment 761615
Is that a Mr. Bones and Friends piece? Also, do the hats hold taper candles? It is an amazing piece. You are fortunate to have it. If I come across any information on him I'll let you know. Perhaps someone else on the forum will know. Thanks so much for sharing this picture.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is that a Mr. Bones and Friends piece? Also, do the hats hold taper candles? It is an amazing piece. You are fortunate to have it. If I come across any information on him I'll let you know. Perhaps someone else on the forum will know. Thanks so much for sharing this picture.
Yes - I believe it may be Mr. Bones, just from the little information I found on the web. Unfortunately, he did not come with stickers. It looks like their hats are designed to hold votive candles. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated! Please & thank you =)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes - I believe it may be Mr. Bones, just from the little information I found on the web. Unfortunately, he did not come with stickers. It looks like their hats are designed to hold votive candles. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated! Please & thank you =)
This is what I found about your piece:
Mr Bones 2008 Three Headed Votive Holder - Rare

Mr Bones 2008 Three Headed Votive Holder. This is a very rare piece, and never went into production. Some samples were made and distributed to possibly a few gift shops to sell off. This prototype sample was made for Coynes & Company and is approx. 5.5 inches tall x 7 inches long. Each skeleton's hat holds a votive candle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is what I found about your piece:
Mr Bones 2008 Three Headed Votive Holder - Rare

Mr Bones 2008 Three Headed Votive Holder. This is a very rare piece, and never went into production. Some samples were made and distributed to possibly a few gift shops to sell off. This prototype sample was made for Coynes & Company and is approx. 5.5 inches tall x 7 inches long. Each skeleton's hat holds a votive candle.
Thank you so much!! I'd love to know how many were actually made. It's definitely getting a spot in the new cabinet =)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts