Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha Ha Ha!

Absolutely! We have a fake tree and three red and green bins for Christmas -- and at times I think that is too much. I don't due much for Christmas in general. I have some icicle lights that go around the front gutters, and we put up our tree. We also have some nice garlands that we put around the house. That's about it.

But Halloween!!! I've got stuff stored everywhere. Most of the attic is full of Halloween decorations. I have at least a dozen orange and black storage bins. I think I even have a few things stored in my daughter's closet! Not to mention a 6x6 shed that is dedicated to Halloween stuff (and a seed spreader).

·
Registered
450 Posts
storage

You go, man!! High-five! I think you are a typical Propaholic...cheers (raises frosted pilsner glass flowing with delicious brew)!

-Doc

·
Registered
491 Posts
I also have several orange & black bins on NSA culinary carts with wheels. When it comes time to build, I just wheel them out onto the driveway and start pulling the stuff out. As far as C-mas, I put up lights on the gutters and decorate the Graveyard Tree (leftover from Halloween) with twinkle lights. The "tree" is a bunch of large branches bound together and attached to stakes in the middle of my cemetery and covered with hanging moss. But overall, not much for C-mas. It's all about HALLOWEEN!

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Ditto here 3/4 of my attic is Halloween stuff . I have an office that is full of stuff also. I have a corpsed out bucky in the attic that scared the crap out of a cable guy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ditto here 3/4 of my attic is Halloween stuff . I have an office that is full of stuff also. I have a corpsed out bucky in the attic that scared the crap out of a cable guy.
LOL!! Too funny!!

Thanks for sharing!

-Doc

·
Registered
450 Posts
storage

I've got Halloween props stored in my Christmas storage stuff. The rollaway Christmas tree bags hold 2 buckys each. Sweet!

There ya go -- REAL decorations!

-Doc

·
Registered
650 Posts
Man,I got bit hard from the Halloween bug last year and been goin full bore ever since.Good thing I added on to our storage shed last year otherwise our bedroom would be full of stuff.It will still be tight in there even after selling a bunch of space gobblers(cement mixer,plate compactor,you get the idea).Still want more Halloween stuff.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Double-Duty

In these times of financial belt tightening, I've seen to it that all my Christmas props do Double-Duty as Halloween props.

That way I save a lot of cost and storage space! I know it sounds hard to believe, but it's actually rather easy - and amazingly effective. Nobody has ever noticed that they are basically the same props, just seen in a different light.

For example, my festive animated light-up reindeer becomes a frighteningly animated light-up skeletal Evil Reindeer. Have you ever noticed that their white wire frames look astonishingly like bones? Well, look again, you will be pleasantly surprised. Putting a sign around its neck identifying it as a skeletal evil reindeer also helps with the illusion.

Another example: My wondrously glowing animated Christmas Train becomes a Chilling Haunted Halloween Choo-Choo - who's to say it's not? Maybe there was a horrible railroading accident on Christmas many years ago and this is the ghost train of that situation. Use your imagination, folks.

Lastly, my red & green festive Christmas lights become spooky red & green Halloween lights. Red is like blood and green is like radioactivity or puss. It's an effect that the kids love.

(If anybody wants, I can post more ideas on making your props serve Double-Duty.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts