Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be careful ordering anything from THE HAUNTER'S DEPOT, HALLOWEEN DEPOT EXPRESS, HAUNTED VENTURES FX - Halloween, Halloween Costumes, Christmas, Christmas Costumes, Masks, Props, Haunted House Supplies, Decorations, Animatronics, Changing Portraits, Horror Props, Special Effects, Make
They seem to have good prices on props at first.
I ordered a severed arm and head from them yesterday.
I noticed when I checked out that there were no shipping charges but I went ahead and ordered anyway with Paypal.
Today I got an email from them requesting $18.75 for shipping and handing. Come on!!! Almost 20 bucks for shipping and handling for two small props.
After I complained, they emailed me back saying that I should understand that the prices had gone up and they had since made changes to the website. They said they would honor the old price. But then stuck me with 20 bucks shipping and handing.

I will not be buying from them again!!!!

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
It says this all over their web site: "PLEASE NOTE that all prices in this "department" do not include shipping charges! Shipping and handling charges or truck freight charges will be calculated based on the weight of the item(s) purchased and the destination where it will be delivered. After you have ordered through our PayPal shopping cart system for any of the merchandise found below, we will notify our supplier to get a price quote on shipping and we will e-mail you back shortly with that information. You may then pay the balance through PayPal. You may also send e-mail to [email protected] prior to placing your order to get a shipping quote. If you choose to do this, be certain to send us your full name and shipping address (no post office boxes, please) when making your initial e-mail inquiry. "

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reply to customer from The Haunter's Depot

Whenever we receive an order for merchandise we always check to see if the item(s) are currently available. We found that they were both available but their cost (along with several other "body part" products) had gone up in price. Shortly after we were made aware of the price increase our prices were changed appropriately on our web site to reflect the higher prices. Since this customer had ordered before we were made aware of the increase, we still honored the original prices.

Many of the items posted on our web site do not include shipping and handling charges mainly because some of the suppliers we deal with cannot give us this information until such time as a customer makes it known what they want and the destination of the package. The two items that the customer ordered fell into this category and we needed to contact the carrier for shipping information.

The customer’s shipping charges were calculated at $18.75. This was a direct quote from the carrier. In the case of the items ordered, we obtain them from one of our many suppliers who has warehouses both on the west and east coasts. The shipping quote was based on availability of the items in their west coast warehouse. Shipping a package from out west to a customer in the east costs more than if sent from the eastern location, and thus the higher price for shipping.

Despite the customer's believe that we increased the cost of shipping to try and "make up for the price increases" (as the customer put it) this is, of course, not true. We have never nor will we ever charge anyone more than the actual cost of shipping and handling. And once again, we honored our original prices before making the price increase and charged the customer for the quoted shipping amount.

We also notified the customer that if there was a discrepancy in the shipping charge we would be happy to refund the difference. We pointed out to him that a while ago a customer ordered a prop and we quoted them a specific shipping charge. It turned out that a different and less costly method to ship the merchandise was chosen and the cost of shipping turned out to be $10.00 less than originally quoted. We refunded the customer that amount due to the overcharge. This is something that we would also do for this customer once we receive an invoice from our supplier. If the actual shipping and handling charge turned out to be less than $18.75 then the difference would be refunded.

I have operated my business for several years and have had many satisfied customers. And we have also had an excellent business relationship with all of the suppliers and manufacturers we deal with. Our prices are reasonable and we have never charged any more than the "actual" cost on shipping. What is quoted to me by the carrier is exactly what is charged. If this individual still wants to believe that I am trying to "make up for the price increases" (when we honored our original prices anyway) that's his opinion and does not reflect the truth of what has transpired.

By the way, the customer's order was quickly shipped out this afternoon one day after receipt of his original order.

The Haunter's Depot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts