Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Mississippi and I cannot even remember the last time it fell below 50 degrees during the week of Halloween. But this week? Holy crap, it's 28 and 29 at night and only a high of 50 or so during the day!

I'm a Florida girl, I can't work in these conditions. I was freezing my *ss off last night trying to adjust cemetery lights.

For those of you that live up north ... you have my deepest sympathies!

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
WOW!! That's like upper midwest weather there! I'm used to the cold. We've been having highs in the low 40°s the last week, but the 31st is supposed to be 65°! :cool: Sorry to hear about your unusual temps down there. :(

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
woke up,
got outside,
and theres this light dusting of...
of....
...snow... :(
34 degrees today...
halloween is supposed to be warmer, but i'll believe it when it happens.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,856 Posts
I'm good with cold!

We never get real cold weather in SE Texas, so I'm enjoying the "cold" snap in the 50-60s right now! ;)

(but I'm not from around here... )

·
Registered
530 Posts
We have snow, it snowed last night and there's more snow falling now! Brrrrrrrrr. It's supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow and friday though, all the way to 50, if I'm converting correctly (sorry, I'm a celcius girl, lol). At least the wind has settled down. Oh well, it's almost November, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It's getting colder here in So Cal where I live as well! The high today is only going to be about 88! Yikes or as Dr. Smith would say, "the pain, the pain.":D

·
Registered
629 Posts
It's getting colder here in So Cal where I live as well! The high today is only going to be about 88! Yikes or as Dr. Smith would say, "the pain, the pain.":D
Sure rub it in, 40's here in New England today, lows tonightin the low 30's 60's tomorrow.....Yup if you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes, it'll change. Just another typical October here.:D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
well your not having a snow storm at least with a wind gust factor .....yes you read correctly snow storm , by tomorow here about 15 cm ,(some places in quebec got 30 cm last night alone) woke up to a white blanket of snow everywhere here , severe winds ,it honnestly looks like december today .... we had heavy rain yesterday so you can imagine the crust of ice with wet frozen snow over the tombstones props everywhere :( , not sure it will be all melted by friday either , the weather SUCKS BIG TIME this year ....am seriously considering a theme of the grinch for halloween next year mixed with christmas or nightmare before xmas theme that way it can stay up till january 1st ;)

we saw the poor people in pensylvania on the news , wow the weather was bad their, i feel for you guys over there .

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
My kids have always complained about how hot they were in their costumes in NC.

Just wait until I tell them to wear winter coats this year! lol :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
No kidding! I had to wear a sweatshirt this morning!

Plant City, Florida
Currently
Clear
62.3 °F
Clear
Humidity: 60%
Wind: 5.0 mph from the North
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Dew Point: 48 °F
Precipitation: 0% Chance of Rain
Air Quality: Good
Pressure: 30.32 in
UV: 8
5 Day Forecast said:
Today
clear
67° | 40°

Thursday
clear
76° | 52°

Friday
partlycloudy
76° | 56°

Saturday
partlycloudy
79° | 59°

Sunday
chancerain
77° | 59°
Halloween is looking good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in Memphis Tennessee and yep we had a cold snap last couple mornings. I'm taking off Halloween, Friday supposed to be around 70s and low over night around 45, sounds nice!

Todd

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Last night i went to an amazing haunt and it was by far the coldest night of the year, and the news this morning proved it.

Also this morning i woke up to SNOW.

SNOW, in OCTOBER?!

According to the news it hasn't snowed in october in England since the 1930's

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Pumpkin Princess....they would be wearing their winter coats here this week too!! Two nights ago thank God we got up the rest of the lights outside, there is about 75 strands on all these darn bushes we have in front. Instead of buying the long strands I have those little 25 lights/strand lines...UUHHGG!!!

So I'm happy we had beautiful weather that night....the last 2 days I have had a big ole fire roaring in my fireplace keeping me warm. Its cold here in North Carolina & I love it!! The sun just shines too much in this state. I'm a Chicagoan who also lived quite a few years in Colorado/Nebraska.....I miss RAIN & grey skies & snow, always the best kind of days for a hot chocolate & a good book!

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
Odd thing is, (at least here, anyway) The colder, wetter, windier, nastier it is on Halloween , the more TOTs I get. Last year, it was calm, mild (in the 60's), no rain, snow or wind to speak of, and I had 30 TOTs. The year before, the weather was the exact opposite, and I had about 2 to 3 times as many visitors, go figure...

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Last night i went to an amazing haunt and it was by far the coldest night of the year, and the news this morning proved it.

Also this morning i woke up to SNOW.

SNOW, in OCTOBER?!

According to the news it hasn't snowed in october in England since the 1930's
Does it snow in England? I thought it only rained :) :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts