Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DESPERATELY SEARCHING for the Pottery Barn two skeleton hands drink dispenser stand. Have been haunting (pun intended) Ebay but have had ZERO luck. Anybody have one they want to unload???

pottery barn hands.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this!!

I've had this stashed away, brand new, for several years, but just bought the actual grail piece I was looking for...the silver version. So excited it's on its way. As soon as I see it arrives in one piece, I'm listing the bronze one on eBay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this one!!!

Where did you find the silver one and have you sold the bronze one yet???
I found the silver one by stalking eBay day and night for several years now. I think I bought it within hours after the listing was posted...I got super lucky. Including the one I bought, I've only seen two silvers come up on eBay in the past 4 years. The other, someone made a private offer to the seller, so the seller pulled the listing. They didn't know how rare what they had was, so they sold cheap. No, haven't sold the bronze one yet. Waiting until I have time next week to list some items.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Arrgh! I just saw your reply and I'm guessing the gorgeous bronze one that is currently on Ebay (and which I've been outbid on 4 times) is yours?! Damn! But holy crap...I had to drop out after it passed $201 (I bid $200). Congrats on what is going to be a phenomenal sale and I'm so sorry I missed out on this one. However...your heads up that you scored yours on Ebay by just stalking it has given me renewed hope that I'll find another one someday!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, it is mine. Oh, I'm so sorry! Ironically, the BIN price was lower then the current bid. I thought the BIN price was about fair market value. I didn't expect it to reach $200, but apparently, it's become more desirable over the years. Thanks, I hope my luck does hold with a successful deal. Yes! Persistence pays off. There will be more coming up closer to Halloween. The only question is price. They may be rare and go for a mint, but then again, eBay may also get flooded with them, and the value plummet. It's all about timing, so maybe yours is still out there waiting to be listed. Now, I've actually turned my attention to the skull dispenser base. Saw one one eBay, but I don't think it's rare enough to justify the price yet. We'll see if that one's meant for me...happy hunting!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aargh! Congrats! I just picked up the Walking Dead condiment bowl from PB and have my name on the list for the platter coming out the 18th of August. Keeping the fingers crossed for the drink dispenser and then my collection will be complete!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love the platter, but so on-the-fence because it looks so clunky to store. Half my garage is Halloween! It was sooo hard to pass up with the coupons this last week.

Dispenser-wise, there's still one skull left on eBay at the reduced price! Now to figure out what to do. I "settled" for the vampire teeth dispenser holder last year (I say settled, but the two-piece is really cool and unique), passed on the skull, but regretted it, sold my bronze skeleton hands, and now have the silver. I'll have to compare to see which one I like best when the skull gets here. I've made a resolution to only keep one...I think...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do like the skull dispenser, but my table is so bone themed that the skull, which looks cool, doesn't fit in quite as well as the skeleton hands...so I will keep questing on. Someone someday will get rid of theirs!
I've seen the vampire teeth dispenser and it looks good, but I've spent so much time in the Twilight world working that I have to confess, I can't look at vampires right now without cringing. It's a personal thing, I know...
I think your garage and my storage unit must look similar! I normally live in Los Angeles but had to move to Spokane for 6 months for work and ended up having to leave all my Halloween stuff behind. I'm scheduled to go back in October but there is a tiny part of my irrational brain yelling at me to buy more Halloween stuff here just in case I get stuck and can't get my things out of storage before the holiday! In fact, when I moved up here, it was a last minute decision and I had three hours to go to my storage unit, pack up what I needed, and store the rest..which meant a ton of very rushed decisions and blind grabbing of bags and gear...so imagine my surprise when I got to Spokane and opened up the bag I thought had my bed sheets and blankets in it only to discover it did...just everything from my Halloween collection! I decided "Eh, what the hell, it's only 6 months," threw the sheets on my bed, and decided to decorate the entire apartment in Halloween themed stuff. It's a bit ridiculous and my friend Eddie who house sits for me on weekends sometimes calls me Wednesday, but I'm having fun!
Here is a photo of the sheets on my bed. I made them out of the table cloth pattern that Target had a few years back. I'm hoping they come up with some good stuff this year and I can add to my collection (let's be honest...last year's was pretty weak.) Who knows, maybe they'll put out a skeleton hand dispenser this year!?! Keeping my (bony) fingers crossed.
IMG_20131006_154310.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts