Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone PLEASE help me find a replacement for a GEMMY Halloween product that unfortunately stopped working?! I've been searching for over 3 years! It is my all-time favorite Halloween item and I am so hoping to find a replacement. My dog, who is handicapped, also loves it She can't get around too well, so she lays outside a lot. She loved to sit in front of it....I don't know why she liked it so much. I've tried some other animation items, but nothing else has made either of us happy.
I think it was produced around 1999 or 2000 and long since discontinued. I bought it at an American Sales store in suburban Chicago. I think it was also sold at Party City stores.
It is:

GEMMY Halloween MotionLites #25235 Pumpkin Light Animation

It is an outdoor "lights-in-motion" pumpkin on a mesh netting. It has the "old-fashioned" string-type lights, NOT the newer style rope lighting. It is 48" x 44".
The pumpkin is orange, with a white mouth and eyes, and a green stem. The eyes change sizes, and the mouth opens and closes, kind of like it's "chomping".
I've tried Ebay and Google but no luck. I've been told that an identical item was also sold by a company called Golden Light.....maybe it was a foreign version. Does anyone happen to have one that they don't use and would sell me? Or does anyone know where I could find one? My dog and I would be very grateful. I know the odds are slim as it hasn't been sold for at least 8 years, and the older string-type lights don't hold up as well as the rope lights. But I am hoping that if anyone might be able to help me, they will be on this great forum. I have attached a photo someone else posted....the item I am looking for is on the upper far-left side. Please e-mail me with any info or questions.

Thank you,
Ski
[email protected]

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
Aww..I remember looking for that pumpkin for hours for your pup a season or so ago with no luck :-( So frustrating when you want to find something and it's nowhere to be found! i have a soft spot for any animal and will go on a search for it again...never know..it might pop up somewhere!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nyhaunter,

Hi. Thanks for remembering me, and thanks for keeping your eyes open for it.
I am very grateful to you. It's been a horrible year....my dog is having a lot of trouble getting around, my cat is sick, and I'm about ready to pack it in.
I used to love Halloween, but it just isn't the same without the chomping pumpkin.
Take care.

Ski

1 - 3 of 3 Posts