Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a "safe house" theme in one of my rooms and was wanting to have some fake writing on the walls like in left4dead (see image). I wasn't sure if someone already posted something similar yet, search results didn't turn up with anything, but the only idea I could come up with, without having to repaint my walls afterwards, was to just hang up some plastic sheets and write on those.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
You could use one of the clear paints thats invisible except under black light. That's assuming lighting the rooms w black light would work w/ your theme in that room.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Build a wall panel section out of foam or plywood to put in front of the real wall, then you can do whatever you want to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great suggestions! I might try to do the fake wall if I have time (so many projects I need to finish!), if not I'll go with the canvas drop cloth! :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Omg that looks freaky! 8)

Could you also just write it out on paper (8.5" x 11"), take a picture of it and either save the photo to USB or to your computer and use a projector to project the image onto the white wall? I could be missing some steps here but would the idea of projecting it work? Wish I could be more help!

·
Registered
472 Posts
The canvas dropcloth can be found really reasonable at any Harbor Freight store. If you go that way be sure to paint it over cardboard or newspapers (on the floor or bench) just in case the paint bleeds through . (it is chinese canvas after all)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts