Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had temperatures in the mid 30’s tonight. We had a total of 60 kids show up all night . Very discouraging when 10 years ago we were pushing over 200. I had a big list of things I wanted to make next year but now having second thoughts after all the time I put in this year. My wife said you put in a lot of money (she pays the credit card bill) and time for these few tots. The ones that did show up loved what I did and were excited when they knocked on the door.
I was going to get started on next year tomorrow but I think I will now take a few weeks off and take a rest instead.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Our temps stayed at 45 degrees which I will take with no rain. Last year it was 80 on this day.
We had around 1000-1200 Tot's.... mostly very young little kids then some older. It was a blast!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,155 Posts
Every year we get less & less & I do less & less.

I don't feel totally wasted this year but the last thing I want to do right now is turn off all the lights in the 50+ fakekins that are sitting in my living room in front of me right now.

·
Registered
904 Posts
It was cold here too and I had fewer kids. Probably around 75-100. In the past I've had around 200. I really think it's the cold. To quote a movie (we know what movie) "Build it and they will come." But at the same time I understand all the time and money and hardly anyone comes to enjoy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
we had about 50 total tonight, which is an all time record for me. I can usually count all the visitors I get on my hands. At one time there were about 20 just standing and staring in the street, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do you do it for them or do you do it for yourself? I do my display for me, others getting enjoyment from it is just an added bonus. I moved and at my last house if the weather was good we could get 600 - 700 kids. Where I am now, I got 13 last night. I will say I did not have my display up last night because we are in the middle of remodeling, but it will be up next year. And if I still only get 10 - 20 I will still add to it each year because it brings me joy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts