Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
620 Posts
Hello all our new (and existing) Haunters! Don't be shy. Ask questions, send messages, add to posts that interest you. We all share the same passion, even if not the same exact interests or styles.

Feel Free to friend me. I'm just kicking off the 2018 season, put my first Indoor decor up yesterday. Starting build and prep work this weekend. Personal rule is nothing goes public until Oct. 1st. Hope to see great new ideas from everyone, and thank you to all the rest who have given me great ideas over the past few years.

SCARE ON!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there! Loved reading through the forum last year for ideas. This year I was hoping to do some but am having a really hard time finding an answer. I'm interested in doing an axworthy ghost. I have a wiper motor that I can control the speed for variably, and two kids bicycle tires. What I can't find the information on is how everyone seems to attach their motor to their wheel. My wheels are fitted with quite large bolts through them, and the wiper motor is a tiny bolt in comparison.

How do I attach my motor to my wheel when the threading difference is about 2-3x?

I also hoped to avoid using a gear and just spin the wheel directly. Is there something other than speed control for why everyone seems to use the motor to spin the gear instead of the wheel directly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts