Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to Michaels store today and I was totally shocked!! When they set it up Halloween the middle of store back in July and today when I went in and search for Halloween in the middle of store is GONE!!!! They are empty and all they had was filled with fake trees and fake plants that it!! and I had to walk further and I noticed they move by by the aisle where people walk thru the store and they only have a few of decorations and not much left and all of them are on clearance right now 40% off so I purchase two pack of six Halloween ornaments for my tree! :) I could not believe it and it is not even Halloween yet and it is still the second week of October already!! :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds about right. I figure most stores will have their Halloween pushed out by mid month. It's a sad sad sad disgrace. It just makes me even more bitter about Christmas every year.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Yup. We were in Michaels on Saturday night and they are already moving Halloween stuff to end caps and condensing the displays, making room for the "other holiday". This is pretty typical for them and other stores are doing it as well. Other than a couple of foam skulls and some black roses for a scene we're doing, there was nothing at Michaels this year that I wanted. I have a coupon for this week and plan to pick up one more skull, then be done with them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Same at all of our local stored here too. Large hardware chain store is pushing out xmas junk and clearance all the Halloween stuff already. It's a disgrace to BOTH holidays! K Mart had their Xmas stuff up 3 weeks ago! Why? I don't give a rat's behind about that for 2 more months yet. I'm sure as heck not buying and setting up a tree now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Go to Home Depot, you'll pass out. I went there this weekend, and there Halloween decor was non existent. They had emploees decorating Christmas trees though. It looked like it was the middle of December in there. WTF? Every year Christmas stuff comes out earlier and earlier, and the Halloween stuff just gets shoved aside.

And also, I went to Michaels this weekend, and mine still had there Halloween display, but of course, the Christmas stuff was all over the store. *sigh*

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was reading the thread and i agree it is sad that the Halloween stuff don't stay more longer in store but if you look of the purpose of a store is to make money so if they can sell christmas stuff in july they will go where the money will come in their pocket that is the reality today . That is why i checked everyday and make sure i don't miss anything when it comes out cause it ain't staying long in t he store

Frenchy

·
Registered
351 Posts
I agree it is sad that they put out christmass so early however I look at the positive side they are marking halloween stuff down in price early saving us loyal haunters money!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Well, I agree about the Halloween stuff. Though our Michael's still has a lot of their stuff around. They still have up the big displays and all along the aisles. Though by the end of the week I'm sure it will be the same way.

Our Lowe's only has a small end cap of crap Halloween stuff. Though about 4 aisles of xmas stuff. Walmart just announced they will mark down all the toys now so people will buy early for xmas. Kmart and Sears were supposed to have started their layaway for xmas last July.

On the other hand I can see why they do some of it. By the middle of Oct. most people have already gotten their stuff and stores always look toward the next season, holiday early. Look at when they put out their clothes. Give it two months and spring clothing will be out. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Michael's switches their stuff out pretty quickly. They even move out Chrismas weeks before Christmas and move in the Valentine's Day stuff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
To me, this is stupid! And they wonder why they have to put so much on clearance at the end of the season, and that's because it isn't the end of the season. Some people don't get their costumes to the very end. The earliest I know people put up their Christmas trees is Thanksgiving day, and that's not until November 26. So, what's the rush of getting rid of Halloween so fast??

There is no point in my opinion. I even leave my Christmas stuff till after Christmas - at least till Jan 6th. Seriously, getting rid of Christmas stuff early for Valentine's Day. Now, that's a joke. To me, Halloween and Christmas are multiple day holidays (even though there is only one day of either), but Valentine's Day or 4th of July are just one day holidays.

I think that most people don't just put up their tree for one day, and that's it. I think the same thing for Halloween too, or they go to mutliple haunted houses on different weeks. They probably just don't cram it into one day (Halloween). There are events besides just haunted houses to, to visit in which one might happen one week, and another is another week.

They are always in a rush to put stuff up, but than people don't rush to buy it until it gets closer to the season anyway. Lowe's, in my opinion has been a disappointment for years in regards to Halloween stuff.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was at Lowes a week ago, was the same story...one tiny end cap with ridiculously priced items. Home Depot had nothing.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
What the hell is wrong with these people? Halloween should be the focus this month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts