Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never payed attention to how much work Hauntedmom put into the house at Halloween....She emptied the closet, put everything in its place almost like Magic every year. I helped here and there but now its fallen on me....She had so much stuff and I don't remember where she put it all.... Pumpkinking30 is waiting for the magic to appear again and I'm just not as good as she was. With the added help of deciding what can go out and what can't since the cat has become insane. One bathroom is done, the living room has bits and pieces up....a Little bummed that we won't be doing the department 56 villages but frankly I don't want the cat to break all the buildings.

Note to all households don't leave traditions to one person...if something ever happens to that person it is so hard to keep everything the way they did...Thank You Hauntedmom for all the years you worked your magic every Halloween!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I'm sorry that you're doing it all yourself. I'm sure that when I'm not able to do it anymore, it will just not be done at all. My oldest doesn't care enough about it, my middle son couldn't do it if he wanted to (disabled), and my youngest...he likes it so far, but he's only two years old. My oldest liked it at his age too, and now at 13, couldn't care less. Maybe when he's older, he'll appreciate it more and join in, who knows.

At any rate, I am sure that you will do a great job, and it will improve with each year--it does for the rest of us, too.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
what happened to hauntedmom if you don't mind me asking? Im sure you could do a great job decorating.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what happened to hauntedmom if you don't mind me asking? Im sure you could do a great job decorating.
She passed away a week before Christmas, this is the first year with out her at Halloween.

Pumpkinking30 is helping he just wishes it was like before and magically poof its up and out. I Just don't think its what she would have done, but than again the cat wouldn't be crazy cat if her mom were still here.

thanks for all the warm words of wisdom and we will post pics when we are done.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I never payed attention to how much work Hauntedmom put into the house at Halloween....She emptied the closet, put everything in its place almost like Magic every year. I helped here and there but now its fallen on me....She had so much stuff and I don't remember where she put it all.... Pumpkinking30 is waiting for the magic to appear again and I'm just not as good as she was. With the added help of deciding what can go out and what can't since the cat has become insane. One bathroom is done, the living room has bits and pieces up....a Little bummed that we won't be doing the department 56 villages but frankly I don't want the cat to break all the buildings.

Note to all households don't leave traditions to one person...if something ever happens to that person it is so hard to keep everything the way they did...Thank You Hauntedmom for all the years you worked your magic every Halloween!
First off, I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard when someone you love passes.
Second, stop trying to be hauntedmom! What she did was her magic, not yours. We all find ourselves trying to emulate the people and traditions set by those we love and care about, but we put so much effort in trying to make it just like they did that we lose sight of why we are doing it.
This is your turn to create your own special magic. This won't happen overnight and will take years to perfect, but it will leave a lasting impression on your children and friends. Take what you learned from hauntedmom and put your own twist on it. Don't think of things being set in stone because that's how she did it.
Good luck and I can't wait to see it when your done.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
She passed away a week before Christmas, this is the first year with out her at Halloween.

Pumpkinking30 is helping he just wishes it was like before and magically poof its up and out. I Just don't think its what she would have done, but than again the cat wouldn't be crazy cat if her mom were still here.

thanks for all the warm words of wisdom and we will post pics when we are done.

Sorry for your loss

Would love to see pics when you are done I am sure you would do a great job hauntedmom would be proud of you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts