Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one neighbor that usually does a little something on Halloween. Last year, she had a little crypt set up, some strobe lights and a few static props. I had a little decorations up too... It was a nice little display.

This year, I put my stuff up too early, and kept adding. I don't know if it ticked her off, because she didn't put anything out this year. She was the Halloween neighbor before I moved in.

Well...she got one up on me already. I drove by the house today on the way to the bank, and sure enough... she's got her Christmas decorations UP already!!

Now, I am nowhere near ready for Christmas... and I am sure enough not ready to drag everything out yet. Although I have to admit, today would be the perfect day. It's 75 degrees here today, and I wouldn't freeze my butt off, but I have to draw the line somewhere...I'm not even thinking about it until December.

Anyone else see the unfortunate signs of Christmas, other than in the department stores? I'm talking about yard decorations

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've seen one house that has christmas molds in the yard and all I can think is way to early! Now of course I live in lake effect snow country and that dictates alot of behavior but I don't care if there is six feet of snow I will not decorate until Dec.

·
Registered
625 Posts
They had a commercial I heard today in which the person says it's only 50 days till Christmas. Geesh. They push it because it's these stores biggest time of the year in sales.

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
in the village my husband used to live in there is a family who put their xmas decorations up on the first of november & take them down on the 1st february - if you look inside the front window - you cannot see the ceiling for all the stuff hanging from it!!!

now - someone has moved into the village where we live now - decs up & lit from the 1st of november through the end of feb! & they have 2 of those neon light decorations - one in the front porch window - one on the roof - they're still up since last year (although not lit since end of feb :rolleyes:)

and they have a cheek to talk about us!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
They had a commercial I heard today in which the person says it's only 50 days till Christmas. Geesh. They push it because it's these stores biggest time of the year in sales.

Yup, it is only 50 days until Christmas, a holiday that I do love. The scary thing is that it is also only 361 days until Halloween! I had better get started with my new props and the 4 buckys I need to corpsify. So much to do, so little time... ;)

Eric
________
Aprilia Pegaso 650

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I haven't seen too many yard decorations yet, but the stores are already playing Christmas music, as I learned at KMart today:rolleyes:

What I would love would be a mixture of Christmas and Halloween, like in The Nightmare Before Christmas; you definitely can't go wrong with a version of Halloween where you receive gifts:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
I love all sorts of music. Everything but Reggae, Christmas Carols, the B52's and Phil Collins.
When I hear Christmas music playing in a store, if I don't need what I was there for, I leave immediately before they get stuck in my head. I HATE them!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
well sorry to be the one saying this but some like christmas as much as we love halloween and do want to enjoy it awhile i guess like we do enjoy our haloween display or if it is nice weather she wanted to start things before it is too cold ?

or she is just plain frustrated ;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yup! have a couple of neighbors who have had their Christmas lights put up for them by those light companies....
I figured since they aren't doing it themselves...they had no choice but to have the lights put up now because of the companies schedule..at least they aren't turning them on yet....:)

·
Registered
352 Posts
In all fairness....I put up my Halloween stuff way too early for most people's taste - I can hardly pass judgment on those doing the same for christmas stuff... Personally....it gets dark early, and here it's gray and raining all the time...the decorations are a nice distraction. Kudos to anyone who makes any effort whatsoever to decorate for any occasion is my humble opinion.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Seriously. I see nothing wrong with anyone bringing cheer to the neighborhood. If I had my way and some cash I'd be decorating for both holidays starting in July.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts