Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this today on a segment of "Right This Minute" -- it's a paint that gets applied to just about anything and then given a small electrical charge--a bit different than GID paint or EL wire. It's called LumiLor and is made by Darkside Scientific. Their website is www.lumilor.com and here's the link to RTM's page with the video clip:

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/paint-really-lights-room

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Wow, that is very cool. I'm sure I can come up with a few applications for as product like that! :cool:

Eric

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
says its environmentaaly safe, no special equip to handle, but the guy painting is dressed up like one my fallout hazmat guys from last years haunt.:D
I think this video is meant as a selling point to professional auto body and custom paint shops. "No special equipment to handle" means it can be used with the standard painting systems used by these shops.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
says its environmentaaly safe, no special equip to handle, but the guy painting is dressed up like one my fallout hazmat guys from last years haunt.:D

Anytime you are sending tiny particles into the air, you want to be wearing protective equipment.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The suit they ware is just to protect their clothes and exposed skin. Having painted numerous cars and trucks I wish I had one of those suites. Scrubbing speckles of paint off my face is not fun. Also even when spray painting you should be wearing a mask.
The paint looks like it would be an easy application I would love to try it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's actually cheaper than I expected. I had given up on trying to guess and went with the precise cost of eleventy-billion dollars (give or take a few). lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
so all u have to do is hit a switch they give you and that object you put LumiLor on will light up?

They attach an ac power supply that pulses electricity through the "paint" at a specific frequency that causes the "paint" to react by glowing. The switch would be attached to the power supply. ie turn the power supply on / off.

This stuff is basically liquid glow wire that is sprayed onto a surface. you still have to power it. I think that is what you are asking?

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As I was saying to a fellow member I assume LumiLor will do one ups for prototyping but really want to handle large runs which is more cost effective for them. Set ups are probably a substantial part of the cost and I assume the paint if patented will run up the dollars as well. Once paint shops get the training on it, the prices there will come down. Suspect it will be similar to 3D lenticulars. Once shops bought the equipment and licensed the technology, they were able to offer their own printing of lenticulars, and it became more reasonble for individuals to send their photos or artwork in and get professionally produced ones.

I can't wait to see some of the things companies come up with to take advantage of this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts