Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to hear opinions about people who bought thrashing clown. I'd like to here both positive or negative opinions. I'm starting to like the prop but have my doubts... maybe after I hear your opinions I might make a choice.

Do you recommend him? why?
You don't recommend him? why?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
This prop I saw in person at Spirit. It's hard not to like this one if you're into clowns. It's a big prop, it has a long display, the audio from the TNT box and the prop itself is very good. All things considered, I liked this one a lot but I have no clowns in my themes so I passed. The only downside to the thrashing props is that the thrashing motion is the hardest on the gearing of all the tekky props. All that thrashing puts a strain on the mechanism. I have a thrashing zombie and after two halloweens, the gearing is slipping and grinding. It's likely it will be shot this year- I'll have to see when I take him out. So yeah, the down side to the thrashers is the longevity of it- more so than other animated tekky props. At least in my experience.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your opinion shockwave. I did like him at the store, I recently added clowns to my theme so I think I'm getting him... hopefully, he'll work fine.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We bought "Death Row" last year and don't regret it Saw the clown in action yesterday, and i really liked theaction and especially the sound... the honking horn is a riot. Too bad you didn't get it with the 25% coupon, be sure to use the 20% off one...

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I LOVE the TNT box it comes with and saw them both in action in the store several times over the past few weeks during a couple of visits.

If I didn't already have two thrashing props (mummies) I would buy it. I have a number of carnival/circus props already so I'm holding off until the TNT box is sold separately like the other MIT prop activators. I want to use it for a haunted mine theme. If I didn't already have thrashing props to work with then I'd buy the clown/TNT for sure. The horn is kind of cool.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The audio is first rate on this one, right down to the very ending of the clown audio sequence. Someone had a creative funny bone making that audio track. I wouldn't hold your breath for the TNT box to be sold separately though. The electric box always WAS sold separately, right from the start. Not so with the thrashing clown. And it's a darn shame too because it's a nice little prop with audio all on it's own. It may be that the TNT box is not universal to use with props like John Doe and the Electricution Prisoner. It may only work with the clown. In which case, I'd wait till very close to halloween or right after and make a bid for one separately with the manager. There's always a busted prop somewhere that they'll sell cheap just to avoid packing up more stuff. If there's a busted thrashing clown I'd simply make an offer for the TNT box alone.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I have a carnival theme so could use the clown if I wanted to, just don't. Not a bad idea though.

The TNT box is listed under the same part number and UPC number as the thrashing clown so they probably won't be sold separately unless they change that for next year. I find it interesting on their site it says the following:

"Push the lever to experience explosive sounds and flashing lights. The TNT Box is also a M.I.T. Trigger that can be used to activate any M.I.T. Prop like the Thrashing Clown!"

They probably packaged the two together so that you had to buy both and spend more. Seeing as how the other MIT boxes are sold separately I really hate it that this one isn't as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i got one as soon as they opened the store.... FYI: check his face while your still in the store... my first one had a side of his face sucked in so i had to go exchange it

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We bought "Death Row" last year and don't regret it Saw the clown in action yesterday, and i really liked theaction and especially the sound... the honking horn is a riot. Too bad you didn't get it with the 25% coupon, be sure to use the 20% off one...
I did manage to get him with the 25% off!
Thanks for your opinion!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have Thrashing Clown and I LOVE HIM. He's so light weight and really gives that scary clown effect. We had an old wheel chair here at the house so we just sat him in that but he's also good to just dit on your couch or anywhere for that matter. He was easy to put together and I love the TNT option for him.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
One thing about the trashers- make sure the base module is firmly secure to whatever you place it on. Don't just put it on something without securing it or it will thash the heck out of the base and it WILL break the gearing. Make the base secure so it doesn't lift and move during operation, and it will help the prop last longer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought one during thier clearance that was a display and "broken" the small screws are stripped out of the pivot area. I was wondering if someone could post a pic of that area so I can put it back together/modify/repair correctly. It seems to be missing a rod the goes through the pivot point as well.

I really like this prop and have never been into a clown theme, but this guy has changed my mind and my wife's idea for next halloween... she's already planning a whole theme with props to build and all, all because of this guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts