Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you pay $100 for a full bodied female mannequin? An extremely old and established high end ladies clothing boutique is closing due to retirement. 4 generations have owned and managed it and they are finally done. I was in today looking around and asked about the mannequins, which they were ready to load in the car right then and there for me. They are asking $100 and the mannequins are super nice and clean. (although I will just end up roughing them up anyway)

Is that a decent price to just be able to grab and go? I was ready to take two then I stopped myself because I don't have any reference for pricing.

If that is a good price then to anyone in the Central Missouri area.... Saffees in Jeff City has lots of mannequins!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
For a retail clothes display mannequin in good condition it's decent, but Halloween prop? I don't think I'd want them for that much unless they were really interesting, like had the real made up faces and glass eyes and could change out wigs... a perfect condition old school glass eye mannequin, with stand... I might splurge on one or two if I really loved the look. Don't forget to ask for a discount for buying more than one - ask sweetly and they may knock it down to like $180 for two. :)

My limit is $50-$60 and usually has damage like fine webbing cracks or be too old school with glass eyes/eyelashes for them to be marketable as current clothing retail store mannequins. I have picked up one modern solid white male headless figure (great condition other than missing hand/stand) for like $35 but that was a guy that just had it left over from college junk and likely didn't care how much he got for it or know what it was worth.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those are great!

I did go ahead and buy one. Doesn't look like they will go very fast around here. So maybe I can wait them out until they are a little closer to the final close.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Too much. A couple of years ago I bought 11 female mannequins in a local Facebook sales group for $40. No heads and there were only about 8 arms but for $40 I could live with that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think Frankie's Girl has the right idea on this one. For the really old mannequins with detail painted faces and a good assortment of poses, $100 is a good buy. Do yourself a favor if you're looking for ones to scuff up and see if you can find a buy/sell price online for the specific models being sold. There might be an outside chance they are desirable and you might be able to do some trading in your favor with someone in need of more pristine parts. You might even find they are worth considerably more and be able to double/triple your 'body count' with less desirable mannequins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts