Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I've been around for a little while, mostly a lurker. I'm going to do my best to keep this from sounding like a paid advertisement, because that's not what this is at all.

Like everyone else here, I love Halloween. I basically celebrate it year-round, and constantly work on props to add to my own display.
(Side-note: I have a new prop that I made this year, that I absolutely adore. If anyone is interested in seeing a step-by-step process, let me know.)

I'm also a filmmaker, and have been producing online content for over 8 years now with a friend. This year, we decided to combine our passion for filmmaking and our love for Halloween, and created a web-based series revolving around people who run their own haunts each year.

It's titled "Haunts of America" and will follow the two of us as we travel around the country meeting these people and sharing their creations.

We have already produced a pilot episode, which we just released today! I'll include it at the bottom of this post.

The reason I'm posting this is because I want to see what follow haunters' reactions will be. We held a public screening at a movie theater a few nights ago and reception was really positive. Now we're opening it up for the internet to decide.

So, if it sounds like something you'd be interested in (or something you'd be interested in having your own haunt featured in), give it a look, and let me know what you think!

Happy Halloween everyone!

·
Wee bit Wicked
2,144 Posts
Sounds very interesting. Like Screaming Demons... will watch later this week..... after my Ritalin prescription has been re-filled. 18 minutes is a very long video for me. :D :D j/k

And... it's good to see a fellow South Carolinian here!!! :) :)

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Don't have the time right now to watch but will come back to do so. My first impression when I read the words "reality show" was "please, not another one". I'll give it a fair shake though.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
949 Posts
Absolutely!! This is something Im totally into and hope it come to fruition!!!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I obviously don't have time to watch it now, and don't know if I would in the future. I've got a pretty short attention span and when the videos start rolling in here next week of peoples haunts, the fist thing I do it check how long they are because I rarely watch any that are over 4 minutes. I will watch longer videos that are prop building tutorials though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Happy to see that everyone enjoys it!

We have an Indiegogo campaign going to try and help us get it funded, so if you guys could share it with your fellow haunters, that would be awesome! The more people that know about this, the better!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts