Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So, we are just starting to get some halloween items in the shops, and I stumbled across this clock prop. It is priced at £40 ($60). I certainly wont be buying at this price, its more than a costco skelly, but how does it it compare with the props you get in the states??

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I like it, but like you, I wouldn't pay that price for it. :) I don't recall seeing pictures of any Halloween prop clocks available in the US, though I'm sure there are some. I do remember seeing a project once where the clock hands ran backwards. I think that you could probably create something similar without the talking reaper for a lot less.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really like the clock itself. I wasn't very fond of the reapers jokes...but that's just me. I probably wouldn't pay $60.00 for it either. If I could catch it on sale I would check it out though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Seems ok but I'm a real tight miser that's why I make just about everything. I'd probably get it at half that price though.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
IF I could make it "Say" what i wanted it to say i would love to have one.
My Haunt is very much what i want to have said and happen here.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Yea, the clock is pretty nice in itself, but I would actually like it better without the reaper guy coming out.
Maybe if his voice was creepier, it would be OK. He sounds more like a stand-up comic!

·
Registered
101 Posts
This very item was sold in the US in the past - last year, I thought? For some reason I think Grandin Road sold it online. I dont remember the price. Anyone else remember this?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi I have just seen this prop, why not have a look at my recent post where I have just made a haunted grandfather clock just from cardboard and stuff, the pointers don't spin but I am adding a strobe light to it and you could add a pendulum if you made one. I think it's a lot of money that could be spent on something more exciting :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know your clock, its great. I dont really like the prop, I think it is overpriced and not that scary tbh! I have thought about doing a version of yours though... time and space to consider though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
This very item was sold in the US in the past - last year, I thought? For some reason I think Grandin Road sold it online. I dont remember the price. Anyone else remember this?
It was indeed sold at Grandin Road either last year or the year before. I believe it was priced at $100. Not kidding, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts