Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about using this setup again for Halloween..

Would I be crossing the line if I had an Easter basket and a few plastic eggs laying on the ground near the bunny's feet?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I don't even know what you mean by "crossing the line". I think adding the eggs and basket would be funny. Go for it.

2,442 Posts
lol that's funny... if you really wanna mess up some kids... have a pooh bear gutted instead (wicked laugh) why not go the whole hog and throw in a decapitated eeyore for good measure ;)

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
I think that's great and doesn't cross any line at all. I like the pooh and eeyore idea. I love the easter basket and plastic egg idea. I think it's pretty funny.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good creativity!

Way to go Scatterbrains! Like the rest of them said, this isn't even in the same state as 'crossing the line'. Crossing the line involves spiraling down into a netherworld of disgust so realistic and grotesquely repulsive, it gives Freddy Krueger nightmares... don't worry! You're not even close!

Now go forth and skewer all things cute and cuddly!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I was thinking the same as Weird! I was thinking of doing something like that for easter outside our house. Though I also thought of making one that was standing up with big fangs and blood all down the front with a dead child at it's feet. lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
hahaha I think that would be awesome!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've had an idea for a long time to do a haunt theme that is "Twisted Holidays" where each prop would be some twisted version of the many holidays of the year. Your dead rabbit easter bunny is perfect along those lines and would be a great idea.

I never figured out what eggs or a rabbit had to do with Easter anyway...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Eggs and rabbits are fertility symbols, associated with spring, and new life, both plant and animal(including human). Easter is another holiday, like Halloween, that was hijacked by early christianity when church leaders desired to get everyone to stop following their old beliefs and holidays and rituals. The people were ok with the new religion, but not willing to give up the celebrations and such that they were accustomed to having, so the Pope and others began assigning new meaning to them. Easter, known as Beltaine, was a fertility celebration, with rituals and symbols to usher in good crops, new farm stock, and babies. Eggs and rabbits are part of that, as well as the maypole(phallic symbol). In some areas, Beltaine was quite literally a time for everyone to get some.
Halloween was Samhain-see other threads for info on that. And Yule=Christmas. A lot of these were also set to the solstices and equinox, marking the days getting lighter, darker, etc...

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I first looked at the picture, my first thought was "where's the fake grass and the easter basket?" That's pretty funny.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
That doesn't cross any more lines than "Puking Pumpkins" do.
As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't involve touching, profanity or sexual innuendo, go for it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts