Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be wrong to put an ad in craigslist for a little person to work our haunt. I would also consider paying him if that's more appropriate. I don't want to offend anyone so I'm asking your opinion.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
That's a tough question.

First, do you know of any "little people" in your area? Friends? Friends of friends?

I think a Craigslist ad would need to be worded very carefully, and very openly.

Don't be mysterious about your motives. State in the ad that you are putting on a haunt and that you specifically need to cast a person of small stature as a performer in the haunt. You are willing to negotiate a price for his/her participation if necessary. I would also try and explain what you wish this performer to do. Are they dressing up? Monster, clown, baby (don't go there, please!!), etc.

That should help you out a lot, and not offend anyone.

Just keep it professional and you should be fine.

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Wanted: Midget or pygmy to be dressed as baby with a cigar and rolled around in coffin shaped carriage. Will gladly reward you for your time with mini candy bars.:D

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Hell one guy posted an add that he was a cannibal and looking for people to eat and he got responses and volunteers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i don't think you would offend anyone if you posted that. I mean your trying to fill a position for your haunt. and anyways there looking for those positions .. they know that there stereotyped for certain things.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,625 Posts
Id say, "Do you like to act? I have a position covering 3 weeks on a saturday for 2 hours requiring someone 3 feet or smaller, must be at least 16 years old and can follow instructions. This is a home haunt that draws over 1500 people each night and I need a professional that can pull off (name your costumes, theme here), the theme for you may change depending on initial feedback the first night. Am paying (amount here) per each night or if you do the whole month you get this (if they commit the whole month give em more money and put amount here). "

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I'd say TK421 hit the nail on the head - be professional in your request.

Sounds like it's going to be a fun haunt.
Mind if I ask what the part is that needs someone short?

...and now my mind is building scenarios that could work with amputees...butcher shops and insane surgeons and rotted zombies...

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input , I'm glad to hear we have a sense of humor.We would not use him in a stereotypical role just as a smaller version of any character we may need. At Universal's HHN they use little people. Something coming out at you from so low tends to shock you in a different way. At 6'2 they got me and I don't scare easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts