Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had a ton of boxes. . So this is the product, just made out of cardboard, gorilla tape, hot glue and paint, just needs to last the night. I'm not done, still pAinting and headed out in a few to grab a few things. Which brings me to lighting while I'm out .. I'm thinking of either green string lights or a green florecent bulb in side and the light will pour out the cracks. Which would produce best effect? Faux candles are going to stay, shoring up box inside right there to hold the weight. This is just a quick fix to cover up fog chiller/machine. It will be night, cloth added and webbing .. So it doesn't need to be perfect .. Just good enough to sell effect.

So bulb or string lights? Which would be brighter and do a better light effect?

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks great. Hard to believe that's only cardboard. I'd go with the green fluorescent bulb inside. Cheap and easy, and doesn't get too hot. The green would look great coming through the cracks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the help, everyone!! Well, I went to find a low wattage green bulb, but lowes and walmart were both out right now. I bought two things of green string lights, it does have a nice glow, but I think a bulb would do a better job! I'm going to have my Dh look at a different lowes on his way home from work tomorrow. I just need to hallow out a hole to pull the extension cord up through now.

This is with my ipad, it doesn't handle low light well, wish I had a better camera source. Third picture is building it and my helper. ;) for the top I didn't have one piece large enough, so I cut cardboard planks and hot glued them together .. Then just dry brushed to give the impression of old wood grain. Just has to make it through this year, next year I'll build some wood or foam ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
In my coffin, I usually just use a couple of those battery operated strobe lights, aimed up and towards the skeleton. No wires to worry about plus I really like how the "strobe" reflects on the contours of the bones - makes it almost look like he's moving!
Unfortunately you can't tell in in the picture - the flash takes away the strobe effect.

IMGP2822.jpg

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PoCoHauntGal .. Love your set up it looks great!!

Toss a white sheet and small pillow inside,which will help propagate the interior lighting better.
Ok .. I did this and it helped out a lot!! Thank you. I put in a small pillow and covered the whole inside with a white table cloth, sorta looks like a shroud and helped boost the skeleton and put him in a more natural position to grab the candlelabra. Plus helped reflect the green light a lot better!

This isn't a great pic, but my chiller/fogger and just filler to boast the end of the coffin. I'll put draped black fabric under the coffin to hide the works, that will provide easy access to fogger if we need it. Hose runs out other side, behind mums and pumpkin, gets buried in mulch and dispenses via a splayed out black garage bag behind a stone. This helps disperse it out to the ground, we used it last year and it worked great. We use dry ice in chiller, so it won't need to be refilled. The fogger holds a lot and should be good to go.

Anyone see any problems I need to address???
Lights not on in this pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts