Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Their howling wolf rug looks nice (not sure how it compares to the one Grandinroad had) and when they do their Friends and Family discount (think 25-30%) that would be the time to try to buy it although it would be sure to go fast then.

I also like their baby alligator skeleton. Wish it were larger and not crazy about the bolts you can see in it but haven't seen any other full body skeleton gators out there and depending on how you set up with lilypads or vines in the area around him you could disguise them I guess.

My husband has liked their belgium halloween chocolates in the past but last year he went to buy the same ones and boy did they get smaller. He brought them home and I said we'd have to add more to the goodie bag because they were so small. Probably will skip those this year.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I love World Market stuff.

I was lucky enough to snag their haunted house shelf display last year before they trashed it too, so I have some nice looking roofing and a Edwardian cupola to sit on top of my entertainment center (has a scary shadow and "beware - keep out!" painted on the shingles). Just had to build a simple roof frame to support it in an upside down V shape, and it's made of corrogated plastic so I could use it outside if I wanted.

Can't wait to see what the in store stuff looks like this year. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
292 Posts
I love the Paper Pulp Halloween Containers Set but they had to ruin them with glitter...why?!

They're so lovely and vintage looking...

I hate glitter so much.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I stopped by Cost Plus last Saturday and there was no sign of Halloween. I asked one of the employees and he said it would be out by this weekend. So I went back today and sure enough there was quite a bit set out. Dia de los Muertos, skellie animals, and a lot of what I guess could be called "glam" decor--lots of stuff decorated in black and gold.

My store did have the Howling Wolf rug out on display with a "try me" button. It's eyes light up and it makes...you guessed it...a really loud howling sound. I believe it was $79.99. The actual rug part was just OK, but I thought the wolf head looked pretty good. Still though, it's pretty expensive.

The only Halloween item I bought was a little vintage-looking JOL bucket for $3.99. I ended up spending a lot more on some general Fall/Autumn items.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I made it to a World Market today. Halloween items were out! I had to get the $30 cauldron. It's going to be outside beside the fortune teller's table filled with tarot cards & other witchy type items.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I really miss being near a World Market! Their decorations are usually really cute, and looking online it looks like they have Halloween soda bottles! Perfect for a party!

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
CostPlus WorldMarket is having it's Friends & Family 30% off Purchase sale right now thru Monday, 10/9. Posted about it under the Coupons Discount section. Online code and printable coupon available. http://www.halloweenforum.com/coupons-discounts-and-promotions/185945-costplus-world-market-friends-family-30-off-purchase-thru-10-9-a.html

If anyone is doing a pirate theme they have a 19-inch long full-length skeleton alligator that's now $14 during the sale. Small but used in combination with other gators these babies still can work well in a scene. And don't think I've seen any complete alligator skeletons out there, just the jaws.

One of my pirate scene theme plans is for a pirate raft and I think I'll use these little guys on the raft with my larger gator heads "popping" up from the waters around the raft. The jaw is moveable so plan to have the little guys chewing on some pirate arms or legs.

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Stopped in for the first time this season to pick up my gator guys. The Universal Monster series of plates they had the past 2 years or so are gone, as well as a lot of the kitchen items. I also noticed while they had Day of the Dead kids books, no regular Halloween theme books this year. I actually was quite impressed with what I did see this year. Took a lot of photos so you guys had a better idea of some of these things. And with the 30% off Friends & Family event, defiinitely the best time to pick up items before Halloween this year.

I thought their wolf rug was the nicest one I've seen around. reg. 79.99, but during F&F event $56.

These were the gators they have. 19 inches long and the only full body skeleton gators I've seen. Mouth is poseable. 19.99 reg., $14 during event.

The skeleton hands and feet BTW were found inside the basket on this shelf.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts