Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a pillar I'm working on. I have to make another one as well. I hope I can finish them in time for Halloween. It's just so hard to work on any decorations here in Arizona, it''s so HOT!!! I work on them during the winter most of the time:D I feel like I'm running a Sweat shop in my garage with my hillbilly window fan. Let me know what you guys think of my pillars. Thanks

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
This looks great! Love the light and the detail you put on the column.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the nice comments. I'll keep you guys posted with pictures of my pillars. It's just so Hot!!! It was 104 degrees today.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's some updated pictures of the progress on my pillars. I added molding to the top, and carved cracks, breaks, and bricks. The brick work turned out crooked, but it was the best to my abilities. I also put a light coating of drylok on. I will be painting the bricks red. Unfortunately Lowes does not carry grey drylok in my area anymore so I had to mix grey paint into it.

Does anyone think I need more chunks carved out of the front?

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great looking pillar! Like everyone else, love the light too. Keep the base and front the way it is. You can always go back and rip out a chunk later. That's the great thing about building your own stuff; you can always RE-build it. Make changes, cut it up, paint it, bury a skull in it, what ever you want.

·
Registered
665 Posts
ooh very nice, love the detail and molding.....I am sure you will be finished in time, you have no other choice heh heh

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
Gee - I am not sure these look right. I am positive they would look MUCH better at the end of a certain driveway in Ohio. I'll send a truck to get them if you like. It's the least I could do to spare you having to install them in your haunt only to find they would look much better in mine...

(Superb!! We are drooling!! Sucha cool build and love the detail all the way around!)

BOO!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts