Halloween Forum banner

working in the Halloween industry advice

9094 Views 18 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Xfireboyx
My dream is to be able to make a living (in any capacity) within the Halloween industry.
If anyone out there works Halloween year round, I would love to know what you do!
I'm just looking for some advice and encouragement!! :)

Thank you so much!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Foolish Mortal
775 Posts
When you say Halloween industry what do you mean? The haunted attraction industry, halloween prop retail or what? There is really lots for you to choose from, unless you have something specific in mind. Whatever it is I am sure there is someone on here to help you. :)

· Foolish Mortal
775 Posts
Here would be the problem, I would think, with specializing in catering and planning Halloween parties. Halloween only comes once a year. You could maybe do 3 a week (it's not a haunted attraction after all) Most people would choose October for a party and maybe the first of November some years. Thats like 15 parties. And while I admit that would be a blast as I have been asked to plan and coordinate kids birthday parties Halloween style (around Halloween mind you), I am not sure that will lend itself to a career full time. I think you would have to do more of what nOrTHeRn TouCH does. Halloween alone is just too seasonal. That's why corn mazes and pumpkin patches turn into Christmas tree farms come November.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.