Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of my best memories are from years ago when I worked at a local haunted house

As a 5'2 female, the people who ran the place would never give me the best roles and I always got stuck playing a screaming victim. Still better than nothing because even that was fun! I always used my creativity to scare the customers regardless

And it's amazing what will scare a person when their nerves are already in overtime

My favorite scares I got was one night when they had me playing as a dead girl and i had all these fake intestines sprawled out around me. I would play dead and when the customers would enter the room I would twitch or reach out to them and they would scream bloody murder and run like the dickens. All because I moved! HAHA! It was so fun!!

So I was wondering if any of yall had ever worked for a haunt or ran one? Tell me some of your best experiences or funny moments!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
This is how I spent yesterday, volunteering at a haunt. People are so delightfully easy to manipulate when they're distracted.

For the room I'm in, there's a projector going so that's typically what the guests gravitate toward at first. I like to just sit back and let them look, and then they turn around... there I am all of a sudden. My favorite prop is actually the door out of this room. I'll get behind it and stick my head out through the hole (where a glass panel would go), or I'll sit in the back row of seats and close the door on them as they walk up. Or run down the hall after them, just as they think they have a moment of safety, screeching my palms down the walls (nobody else seems to be able to do this). Or I just stand or sit there, in the front row, and MAKE them walk past me.

I'm never going to be one of the screamer actors, I'm not the person you want in a drop panel. I'm the quiet, lurk in the shadows, seen and unseen type. There is so much you can do by watching and waiting for the right moment, reading people, or getting between them to break up a group.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts