Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here decorate your space at work? Last year I bulldogged our first ever Halloween Decorating contest. I made the trophies and it seemed to be a huge hit. I foolishly forgot to take pictures but I thought we should start a thread in case others would like to showcase their desk/cube/office/etc. or add photos for inspiration.....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes, our whole office gets decorated and I do my own in my personal office space. I have a bunch of pillar candles: It, Shining, Annabelle, etc I put out along with some flameless tapers from Target and a motion activated Haunted House thing. Not too crazy, because I am the one who will need to pack it all back up and packing up my house after Halloween is a HUGE chore!

They have a costume contest, etc on Halloween but I never am there because Halloween is a national holiday to me and I ALWAYS take it off!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
We did years ago. I can’t share images unfortunately due to security, but my entire team at the time did Shark week. We used pool noodle to make a pier, a cardboard box to make a diving shark tank, and tons of Dollar tree ocean themed tablecloths to make the ocean background. Foam spray made giant coral and we threw in some skeleton parts and shark fins across the tops of the cubicles. Everyone had a shark hat and a shirt for the day of the week, the rest of us were scuba divers and lifeguards. We had one person who was out of town so we put her on a missing persons poster. It was a lot of fun. Decorate if you can! Always fun to spruce up an office!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Saki.Girl am loving your Haunted Mansion and your displays from previous years too! Thanks for posting them all!

The "metal work" on the outside of your cubicle is really fun. Did you make, repaint, or alter them? It looks like you take thrift store finds and alter them to suit whatever display you build. The haunted house is a great entrance piece. It's hard to choose just one display as a favorite, but really like that clock and the lantern next to it. Would love to hear more about the lamp too. Did you cut the "wall paper" and layer it over the lamp shade? Hope you add a picture of the tabletop on the left as you enter your cubicle.

So glad I chose this thread to read with dinner tonight. Fun!

I'm decorating my cubicle next week, but it will be more of a tabletop display. I need some things I used for last year's display, but have no idea where I stashed them. Probably should head out to the storage unit now. I really need to get my collection organized...if that's even possible... ;)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,006 Posts
Saki.Girl am loving your Haunted Mansion and your displays from previous years too! Thanks for posting them all!

The "metal work" on the outside of your cubicle is really fun. Did you make, repaint, or alter them? It looks like you take thrift store finds and alter them to suit whatever display you build. The haunted house is a great entrance piece. It's hard to choose just one display as a favorite, but really like that clock and the lantern next to it. Would love to hear more about the lamp too. Did you cut the "wall paper" and layer it over the lamp shade? Hope you add a picture of the tabletop on the left as you enter your cubicle.

So glad I chose this thread to read with dinner tonight. Fun!

I'm decorating my cubicle next week, but it will be more of a tabletop display. I need some things I used for last year's display, but have no idea where I stashed them. Probably should head out to the storage unit now. I really need to get my collection organized...if that's even possible... ;)
Thank you
I am really liking how it turned out.
I am not sure what you mean on the metal work on my cube there is windows and i have stuff setting on the shelfs

the lamp got at good will i painted it to the color i wanted , then i cut material and used fabric glue to attach and the seems are covered with ribbon one of my most favorite projects

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Saki.Girl, that lamp is awesome. I never thought about over laying fabric over the shade then using ribbon or trim for cover between the shade sections. I need to try that.

Thanks for posting the picture of the tabletop at the entrance of your cubicle. That candy container is funny. I just looked at that piano print a few days ago at Big Lots. I liked the sound too. In my previous post, I was referring to the four post-shaped ornaments on the outside of your cubicle windows. What were they originally? Did you alter them? I just thought they were a great addition to your overall display.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We used to decorate every year. Our department is split into teams and there was a contest every year. My team would always go all out. But after winning 8 years in a row everyone else stopped even trying. It's just not as much fun when no one else even bothers to complete with us. Over the years we have done insane asylum, spider's lair, dungeon, torture chamber, and cemetery - just to name a few.

Our last entry was a haunted forest theme.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We used to decorate every year. Our department is split into teams and there was a contest every year. My team would always go all out. But after winning 8 years in a row everyone else stopped even trying. It's just not as much fun when no one else even bothers to complete with us. Over the years we have done insane asylum, spider's lair, dungeon, torture chamber, and cemetery - just to name a few.

Our last entry was a haunted forest theme.
View attachment 721759
I love the little animal stuffies on the floor. :) nice touch.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I still have my Coffin that you painted with the witch on it a few years ago. I still love my Saki Girl original. I am just now starting to decorate for Halloween.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,006 Posts
I still have my Coffin that you painted with the witch on it a few years ago. I still love my Saki Girl original. I am just now starting to decorate for Halloween.
awww that make me so happy . you will have to share pics of your decorations. I would love to see them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts