Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anybody know how I can seperate the words from the music. I can use kareoke software and record just the music. But I need just the voices. Thanks Troy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know audacity won't do it.... unless theres a plug in for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't get it my mixer that comes with the sound card, removes the words and leaves the music. For kareoke I geuss. So why is it so hard to remove the music..... where do the words go.... why can't I isolate them. This is crazy.

·
Banned
101 Posts
no .. it can not be seperated by removing the sound and leaving the words. Its because of the way the singing/words are incorporated into the music . Many moons ago , they used to use left bank verses right bank for serperating music from vocals , ( like some old Sonny and Cher music and the original Chipmunks Christmas song ) , but not any more .
Can I ask , what are you needing the word part seperated for ?
If its for an animated talking skull , or something similiar , simply use a program like AUDACITY and mix the 2 channels together , then blank out one of the channels ( say you take back channels and mix them onto the RIGHT channel , then take the LEFT channel and blank it ouot so nothings on it )
Then use your mic and basically , sing to the song but make sure your voice is going onto a seperate NEW channel first and then copy and paste your singing , onto the LEFT channel and feed STRICKLY the left channel into the skull and remove the speaker from it , so your voice is not heard and then allow the music from the RIGHT channel to be heard by the audience .
This way , the skulls mouth will move ONLY to the signing ( via your voice on the RIGHT channel ) and the audience will ONLY hear the original music/singing on the LEFT channel . And the skulls mouth movement will be in perfect time with JUST the singing parts of the song . And FTR - it doesn't matter how lousey you sing , no one is gonna hear it anyway - just the cicuit board for the talking skull - LOL

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Milemarker that is totally brilliant! That is a great easy way to fix a somewhat perplexing issue for those of us with less experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the process we've used for the last 12 years.... I figured with the technology explosion in the computer field maybe just maybe they had something out now.... I was just thinking of a real life application for such a application but now that i'm here I can't remember what it was... anyways I keep at that tell I find something better, it works good just allways lookin to improve on realizim. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts