Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this tree out of papier mache, chickenwire and a frame made of 2x4's. The Village Mire is really coming to life.
My photo skills really suck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep spend 10 years building this boat in the basement!How you going to get it out?never thought about that!LOL, nice prop.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Chris, looks fantastic. I was wondering looking at the third picture if his eyes will move or glow? Also aren't you the guy who does the voice overs?? Curious if Woody will be a talking tree?

I just watched your video and he looks even better than the photos. Love the scary hand branches. The face came out so well. Gotta love that Great Stuff. The whole texture of the tree is wonderful. How many hours do you think you put in to paper macheing (sp?). That's one big tree. Are you sure you're going to get the branches out of the basement? Living in California with no basements here, I'm very jealous of yours.

BTW didn't know that Home Depot had a bargain lumber bin. I'll have to check that out. Lumber can be so expensive.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GOS, I haven't decided if he will talk or not. I was planning on him being static and having the monster in the box next to him, so the focus would be on the tree.
I spent maybe 6 - 8 hours on the mache.
I don't think I'll have a problem getting him out of the basement, but we'll see.
I painted the eye yellow, but not glow in the dark. That is a good idea though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts