Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been buying Wood Wick candles for the last couple of years in various styles. I would kill for a caramel sea salt one, Its so yummy! Unfortunately the last (3) I have purchased have been total duds. The wicks don't crackle, the wax doesn't burn and it doesn't release scent right. They are $25.00 dollars a piece and now I have $75.00 dollars worth of glass paper weights.

Does anyone know what the Hell happened to Wood Wick candles? Is this another product that has been destroyed by China syndrome? I have never have had a bad candle from Wood Wick before. I switched back to Bath & Body Works three wick candles after this debacle.

I wrote to the company's "no service dept" and received, well....No reply/ no service. Par for the course.

Disgusted....

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
That's a shame. I had a few in reserve, so I haven't bought any new ones for myself for a while. I did buy our daughter one, but she burns it in her room and I haven't observed it (it smells nice, though.) I'm on my last one, so I'll consider myself warned and not get another until I find them on sale.

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a shame. I had a few in reserve, so I haven't bought any new ones for myself for a while. I did buy our daughter one, but she burns it in her room and I haven't observed it (it smells nice, though.) I'm on my last one, so I'll consider myself warned and not get another until I find them on sale.
Well, I bought all three at the same place but they were the "new" scents that just arrived. So were they made "new" last year and just deployed or were they really just made? I know they went up a buck a candle. I'm really gonna miss my caramel sea salt if this is the new "norm".

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I just got these in today from E-bay. Both are Bath & Body Works caramel sea salt. The smell heavenly. I hope they work just as well.

Attachments

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what's the verdict on the BBW candles.
They are awesome ! Stronger scent, last just as long. I ordered a box of them, should be here any day now. $24.00 dollars a candle, however, I got buy one get one free and had 20% off coupon for entire order......

Yeah I went kitty wampus and ordered (16) candles.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,843 Posts
Those might be seasonal. Kitchen spice sounds like it would be a fall scent, not sure about the caramel one.

I got a Yankee Candle catalog recently & saw that they sell wood wick candles too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts