Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking for suggestions, tips, how to, and pictures of wooden tombstones. Beyond halloween props I do allot of wood work making various boxes, desks, shelves, etc... In result I have a large pile of MDF and Plywood left overs growing in my garage. So once it warms up a bit and I am back in my garage, I am thinking my tombstones this year will be built from wood instead of foam.

Any pointers are appreciated!

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips guys! Im thinking about adding a bit of dimension to them. I am thinking that if I add about 6 inches of thickness in between two pieces of half inch that they may just stand up by themselves. Something I will have to play around a bit with. Also thinking the letters could be cut out and for a little extra look I could add some lighting on the inside.

Anyhow that is my thoughts! Keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My brother made tombstones out of 12X6X2 pieces of wood. He had one piece and we made quite a few tombstones. Here is a picture of some:

We put two feet on the bottom with like 1/8" ply or something. They are screwed to the bottom so they can fold in to be stored.

If you would like closer pictures of them at all, lemme know, I still havent put them into storage completely. I can still dig them out!!

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will confess Shadow Man that I clicked that link before and just moved on. ;D Those tombstones are great! Almost seems like the way to go as I dont need people remembering me 500 years later with a marble tombstone.

Good idea on the feet LPFreak, I will have to consider that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts