Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I covered the giant pool noodles with spray foam.
The next part was probably the most difficult.
I used a machete to shave down the foam and then used a Dremel tool to carve a chunky wood grain into the foam.
F74385FC-7D46-4B53-B13B-D16DB71BA4A2.JPG
I then started to paint the first dark layer
5A8A57A1-BE8A-47DB-98B6-0F94EBD62770.JPG
The second layer of paint
1366F243-07F9-44ED-83C1-C3E35595CE70.JPG
The final layer of bright green paint. Then I add rope and began making more. I needed 12 pilings to go around my front yard.
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
I wanted my wood pilings to look like they were under the sea so I added sea creatures and seashells with E600
DA726121-65D4-4EB2-857C-05789D6EAA0D.JPG
BCF69CF1-1D64-4015-AA6C-CA8085AD1A12.JPG
Overall I'm pretty happy with the results. They are lightweight so I don't have to hurt myself carrying them around. They are waterproof also, so I don't have to worry about rain or the sprinklers. I use a small green metal garden stake and stake them down through the rope in the back. It holds them up well and I know nobody will ever get hurt bumping into the pilings or if one should fall down.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,827 Posts
That is really creative and they look amazing. I would never have guessed they started out as pool noodles. GREAT paint/decorating job too because the addition of the greenish hue and the little barnacle/starfish are just perfect! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Amazingly creative! And they look so real! Love this! Lol, of course, I'm trying to think of how I could incorporate them into an everyday use type of thing! Lol! Love it tho, and thanks for sharing! Isn't Spray Foam the BEST?! I actually make bread and muffins with it! Lol!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL My husband wants them out all year. Endless possibilities! I want to make a spooky hang man tree next.
I bet your muffins are adorable!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the way some of the noodles turned out a little bent giving them an old log look. They really have a lot of character.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts