Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not quite sure what to do with my wicked wonderland projects, so I thought I'd throw them up here first and see if anyone is interested in any of it. Would be fun for a Merry Unbirthday, Mad Tea Party, you could host a theme party when the Burton flick comes out in March, or go classic Alice.

I'm looking to trade or sell to set me up for next year's party - I'm thinking a "bloody bayou" or "Voodoo on the Bayou" theme so I can work in my True Blood fans but still appeal to the rest of the people who don't watch it. I don't do a lot of gore, and I mainly decorate INSIDE (in MN, it can snow on Halloween).

So anyways, here are the "pieces" I have, email me at HeatherEveFairbanks AT gmail DOT com for fastest response. For some reason I suck at imbedding photos, so click on the item to see photos on my blog. Make an offer of trade or $$.

Painted 3D Letters:

Large "WONDERLAND" (I think they are 12-16" per letter? I forgot to measure) painted in an aged red & black on front, black on sides, nothing on back. These are lightweight, but large, so keep shipping in mind. Pics here and here.

I also have a smaller (maybe 6-8" letters?) unpainted, never used "WONDERLAND"

WE'RE ALL MAD HERE - smaller letters - painted in pink & purple "animal print" to mimic the cheshire cat. There is no apostrophe, I cut one out of plastic sheeting to use because I'm a grammarphobe.

MAD TEA PARTY - smaller letters - painted white, then painted with Tulip glow in the dark paint. has a streaky but effective glow under black light.

Then I have:

a bunch of "mome raths" made out of fun noodles and google eyes. They're super lightweight and don't stand straight, I taped them to the walls.

"scuptures" made of various tea cups, saucers, and pots stacked akimbo and hot glued, then roughly sprayed with white under black crackle. The crackle didn't come through very effective on most, so they just look black. These are dishes, so a little heavy, but again, I hate to throw them out. I'll find a pic, its not on my blog yet.

4-6 (I'll have to check) plastic flamingo decorations - these are 3D on one side, flat on the back with a hangar at the top. 1/2 face left and 1/2 face right. I also have one set I crudely glued together thinking I would use it for a croquet mallet, but I ran out of time/room and it was pretty flimsy.

Chess piece candy molds - I have 2 or 3 different molds, each has a variety of pieces to mold. Here's what some of the candy looks like.

Glass chess set - this has the board and most but not all of the pieces. It also has the original box & a book on chess. One side is missing the king or queen (I don't play chess, I have no idea) and a pawn. They are clear glass vs. frosted glass, I used them on my mantle interspersed with a playing card garland. Pics here and here.

"EAT ME" signs - laser printed on 11" x 17" paper then mounted on tagboard, clear plastic hangars.

I have a BUNCH of card-themed decorations from the party store, I can't decide if I should keep them for a poker party or get rid of...

I think I have 4-5 of these great ceiling pieces,

3-4 of these cascades also seen in the center HERE.

"Card suit Stringers" long hanging decorations shown on either side of my fireplace here. I think I have 6?

I have a bunch of this green fringe with the card suits around the top, but as you'll notice I cut around my windows and doors, so it's kinda oddly shaped.

I should probably get my act together and put this all up on etsy, but I thought I'd throw it out here first. I'm not looking to get rich, just to get a jump on next year's party and not throw all this into a landfill.

·
Gramzie
997 Posts
You did a wonderfull job on your mad tea party .. its a great idea .. just wanted to say I really like what you did

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi All,

Painted 3D Letters:

Large "WONDERLAND" (I think they are 12-16" per letter? I forgot to measure) painted in an aged red & black on front, black on sides, nothing on back. These are lightweight, but large, so keep shipping in mind. Pics here and here.

WE'RE ALL MAD HERE - smaller letters - painted in pink & purple "animal print" to mimic the cheshire cat. There is no apostrophe, I cut one out of plastic sheeting to use because I'm a grammarphobe.
Interested in both of these items. Can you PM me a price? Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts