Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Halloween lovers!!! :)
I was just looking for some input: I live on a rural road , so the house is a fair distance from the road. (maybe 120-150 ft) I have a large front window, I would like to have a display in my front window that can be seen from the road. I have thought of two:
1) some sort of illusion (using a program or DVD with the T.V and plexie glass) But thinking the illusion created might be too small to see from the rd.
2). Some sort of flying ghost....I have a foam head and black light already. Just need the cheese cloth and fabric whitner and a few other things to make the ghost up to hang in the window...
So these are my ideas, just wondering what would better seen from the rd or if anyone else has any other ideas....
Thank you in advice for any ideas and /or suggestions :)

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
My house is pretty far from the street but you have no problem seeing my moving ghosts with the black light on. I even have lots of green colored spots on the house and it dosen't take away from them. I think it would look awesome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise, I think the ghost is the way to go..but thats a very cool window video pdcollins....might have to get that for one of my smaller windows.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Window displays

My house is in a simlar situation; about 200 ft from the street. If you have a large upstairs window (a bay window is ideal) then a FCG will be great. I put ours up in the master bedroom window (yes, my wife is a saint) and it is visible and effective from quite a distance. The first year she was up, the kid across the street was afraid to sleep near his window facing our house. :D

Also, if you have a couple of old 20" or larger TV sets, and get a copy of the Terror-Eyes DVD, that is pretty effective too. One more idea: Cut out spooky silhouettes (a la Martha Stewart) and light them from behind onto a thin fabric curtain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts