Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Wow, that is so mean to do to those poor kids. I wonder what she wanted to accomplish by doing this?

·
Registered
414 Posts
What a low-life (I really hate to insult witches by calling her THAT).;) As a caniddate I'd hate to have her endorsement! So sad.:(

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nice. Politics is an adult thing, not a kid thing. Besides, it's Halloween! Leave all that political junk aside and make kids happy, for crying out loud. In my humble opinion, no politician really cares about the people anymore, anyway. It's gone from "for the people, by the people" to "for the people that are as rich as I am, by the people who could afford me".

If I were to run for office, I would make Halloween an official holiday, giving people 3 days off: the day before to finish up any last minute details, the day of Halloween and the day after to pick up all their stuff. That's it, my entire campaign.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wait...so how does this woman know who is democratic and republican? What would she do to me if I told her "Obama for the win!" after she had given me candy?

And the most depressing thing is not the story itself, but the comments being left on it...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I heard about this on the radio this morning. Poor kids. I also heard another horribly sad story.... apparently a 12 year old boy was shot to death while TOTing. As he & his dad were approaching a door to TOT, the 22 year old guy inside opened fire, firing 20some rounds and killing the boy. His story was he had recently been robbed and since the people approaching were in masks, he thought it was another robbery attempt. How sad.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I watched the video, and she had mccain palin flyers stapled to her candy. As one mom put it, who is she trying to get the vote of? 4 year olds?
I AM dem, hardcore, but I welcome all types on Halloween...
She is a rather mean person, but I will support her rights I guess.
my neighbor has a VERY racist and hateful sign in his yard about the election...none of it is true...but I am an American, and free speech is the right of all, no matter how much I disagree. this lady is within her rights, as is my neighbor, but the behavior is probably not helping their candidate any. I saw photos of a truck defaced with spray paint because of the political sticker, but those tactics do not add anything to the country. Neither does being candy-stingy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Halloween is about as non-partisan a holiday as you can get... I am very far left, but my politics didn't enter the picture on Halloween night.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's beyond pathetic. It's just so very sad I can't ever imagine punishing a child for their parents beliefs especially on a holiday about fun and in my mind community coming together if only for a night. Maybe it's because I don't really believe in party politics I tend to vote for whoever I think is best suited for the job irreguardless of their party but I really can't see someone doing that to a bunch of kids. Now for the petty part of myself I so hope someone egged tped or did something to her house.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I am a damned proud independent and as far as I am concerned politics and holidays don't mix. We have holidays in the US and we had better remember that it is a freedom that can easily be taken away! This kind of behavior and forcing an agenda is appalling!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats just messed up. Halloween is a time when EVERYBODY/ANYBODY can forget about who they are or what politics they are apart of, and just be a kid again! Dont get me wrong, I dont like Obama as much as the next guy, if not more, but politics have no business with Halloween or kids (adults too) who do not understand it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dont get me wrong, I dont like Obama as much as the next guy, if not more
I think we've tried to avoid criticisms in this post (other than criticizing that ridiculous woman) and you've just posted a comment specifically targeting a candidate...

And as I am "the next guy" (and a very proud Obama supporter) I take offense.

Can we get back to all agreeing that that woman's actions were way out of line???

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A friend of mine at work who is Republican thought this was pathetic and said this lady gives Rep. a bad reputation.

No, she doesn't give reps a bad reputation. She gives herself a bad reptuation. You can't blame a whole party on the act of one individual like I can't blame Obama for some of those disgusting Sarah Palin shirts. Karma's a good thing and I'm sure this heifer will get what she's got coming to her.

And whoever pointed out that calling her a witch is insulting to witches is absolutely right. Especially the WWW, because actually she's very sweet. *humph*

and MrsMyers...that avatar is hot! *blush*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts